close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone have one of those friends???

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by w30olds, Apr 29, 2013.

1. w30olds

w30olds

That just aggravates you? I know this guy who's 50 years old. Lives with his momma. Never had his own place. Never been married. Never had a steady girlfriend. Has zero ambition. Freaking lazy as hell. Blows my cell phone up with text. Then complains about his life and how lonely he is...lol

I really stopped hanging around him about a year ago when I got married. He creeps my wife out. Always stares at her boobs and makes gross burping/belching sounds. Farts all the time. Makes people uneasy due to his questionable social behavior. Basically a gross, old, perverted mamas boy.

My wife swears he's gay and has a man crush on me. I'm inclined to believe her.

So my question is does anyone have/had a friend like that? Short of telling him to leave me the f**k alone not sure how to break off the "friends" thing.

Thoughts? Lol

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. Rabid Rabbit

Rabid Rabbit

aaahhh no. I've run into a lot of people like that but my loser radar kicks in and I just politely keep my distance when possible.

3. w30olds

w30olds

Yeah that's what I've done. Dude is just a creeper

4. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Why did you have a friend like that?

5. w30olds

w30olds

He and I worked together a few years ago. I found out his dad had died and I reached out to him. He seemed like he could have used a buddy at that time. He seemed normal for awhile, but man now I'm creeped out by him and don't hang around him anymore

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  6. Highspeedlane

Highspeedlane NRA Life Member

My brother in law is 52 and still lives with his parents. I believe for a while they wanted him to move out but now depend on him to do household stuff they are not up to (in their early 70's).

I believe he had one girlfriend once, and my wife tried to set him up with a girl but when he discovered she weighed in excess of 300 pounds he politely declined.

Not that he's a bad guy in total but he has a streak of that "I been there done that and know more than you could possibly know" at times, which probably contributes to why he'll never be in a relationship longer than three weeks.

7. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Distance yourself.

Life is to short to waste with people who are a waste of life.

8. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Knew someone like that once who didnt give the appearance at first. Knew him from a bar where i used to watch football games occasionally on the weekends.

Seemed nice at first, chatty guy who knew a lot about football.

Over time it became apparent. Never did anything other than paint houses for a living...worked for himself...became obsessed w stalking a girl who had dumped then found out why. Drank constantly, degenerate gambler, lived in his mothers basement at 52, didnt own a car and borrowed his mothers (till he won 30k on a lottery ticket) endless conspiracy theorist, stalked another girl who dumped him, NEVER tipped the bartender but was always begging for free beers. The definition of loser.

Had his number on my cell before i found out what a louse he was then after he blew up my voicemail with a rambling 30 minute message about one of his endless personal problems that he tried to involve me with i just avoided him. Actually kept his numbers in my phone so i knew not to answer them. Finally had to tell him to quit bothering me.

Steer well clear of people like that. First sign of weirdo/creep/loser and youre history. Known a couple women like that too...not as bad but nothingni want anything to do with. Wouldn' really call Scott a friend...more of an acquaintence in a small Virginia horse town.

Ex-acquaintence.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  9. Ian Moone

Ian Moone

Does he own guns? That info might play into ditch him.

10. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

Had a friend of over 30+ years evolve into that,broke off all contact last year

11. w30olds

w30olds

He does own a glock pistol

12. PBCounty

PBCounty

I still live in the same neighborhood where I grew up. I am surrounded by many, many people who I grew up with who also either never left or they eventually came back. In my thirties, many times each week I see friends of varying degrees who I have known since 4th grade or so. Some have really "evolved" into tragic losers...and while I will still stop and shake a hand and B.S. for a minute - I keep it at that. Sad to see. Thankfully, most of the people who have done well are on the same unspoken page and the loser element is rarely invited to activities.

13. elsolo

elsolo

I generally don't befriend losers as an adult, but being friends with me is not dependent upon employment or financial status. If they were of questionable moral character, they wouldn't be my friends. So, yes, I do have a friend that is adult, lives with his mother, has a non-remarkable employment history, and isn't the most popular guy with women; but he would give you his last dime and the shirt off his back, and has never been dishonest in the 20+ years I have known him.

14. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

I know a guy who is headed that direction. I am really good friends with his sisters, both are working jobs they want and married or getting married. He is 27, living at home always complaining about wanting to move. Complains about never having a girlfriend and then spends his money on dumb stuff and never goes out.

15. PBCounty

PBCounty

Reminds me of a buddy of mine in the 30's. While everyone else is either married or partying, he's all sour-pants because he can't find a girl. He spends his Friday and Saturday nights in his parents' back yard playing with R/C cars and smoking pot.

16. w30olds

w30olds

Lol....he spent his past Saturday night eating dinner with his mom and her friend.

17. GlockOpsFool

GlockOpsFool NRA Member

Sounds like you need to give him the old "it's not you, it's me" speech.

18. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

You've described a couple of posters here perfectly. HH

19. silentpoet

silentpoet

I was going to ask his user name. Or say something about how could he talk about me like this. Either one has a certain amount of humor.

20. tehan2

tehan2 NRA & GOAL

I can't really judge him yet....I will need to see a picture of your wife's boobs to see if he's a loser for staring