close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anyone have one of the .40 cal revolvers?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Mr Spock, Jan 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Mr Spock

Mr Spock Vulcan

Jan 6, 2008
    I keep thinking about a .40 cal snub revolver as a BUG to a .40 cal semi-auto primary, but I haven't really heard if the general consensus is positive or negative on them. Does anyone here have one, and if so, which and how do you like it? Also, does anyone know what the ballistics of the .40 are out of a snub barrel?

2. Mr Spock

Mr Spock Vulcan

Jan 6, 2008

3. slumpmaster

slumpmaster Amateur

Mar 18, 2002
    NE WA
    I would like one. Two, actually. A snub and a full size with 5 or 6 inch barrel.

But, I'm waiting for Ruger to build some. I keep sending the request, but still waiting...

4. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Jun 25, 2004
    Texas
    I have a 646 that's been Carmonized. Added Millet rear and a FO front and love it, DA trigger is under 6 pounds. Runs great and shoots great, down side is shooting major loads, after 150 rounds I usually have a blister between my thumb and index finger. My barrel is 3 7/8" and I make PF with the same ammo I use in my 1911 and 2011.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  5. Ace22

Ace22

Oct 6, 2010
    Connecticut
    I have a Charter Arms in .40 S&W that I sometimes carry as a backup. I have no problems with it. It shoots great and the price was right.