close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone have issues getting 20rds in Arredondo Extensions?

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by Meathead9, May 5, 2012.

1. Meathead9

Meathead9
    Expand Collapse

I'm building a new G20SF into a .40cal USPSA Limited gun, and I'm using Arredondo +5 extensions. I haven't gotten to play with them very much yet, but I did have the follower hang up at the bottom of the mag once. I may have inadvertantly stuffed 21rds in it, so it may have been my fault. Most guys that use them for G22/35's have to either trim the followers to fit 20rds, or live with 19rd mags. Has anyone had any isues getting 20rds in a G20 mag? Can you reliably reload them (+one in the chamber) without extra force? Anyone trimmed followers to fit more than 20?

I can live with 19rds, I just figured since its a game, why not get the most out of my mags. It would be nice to not have to reload during a 21/22rd hozer stage.

(once I get it all set up, I'll post details, pics & give a report)

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Meathead9, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
  2. Hogpauls

Hogpauls
    Expand Collapse

I've used them for a couple years now with no problems. I couldn't tell you how many rounds through them as I don't count, but upwards of 2000 ea. As with all new mags they were a little tight in the beginning but they'll loosen up with use.

3. swinokur

swinokur
    Expand Collapse

4. Meathead9

Meathead9
    Expand Collapse

It's not getting 20rds into the mag that's the problem. The problem is reliably/consistently getting 20rds to feed from the mag without the follower hanging up inside the tube.

5. swinokur

swinokur
    Expand Collapse

Oh. I use them in my G20SF no issues. The Kriss 30 round mags have never fed correctly in my G30 however.

6. AZson

AZson
    Expand Collapse

No, in fact I only put 19 so it is easier to reload.

7. Buski

Buski
    Expand Collapse

I only load 19rds into the mags on my belt. I'll run a full 20rd mag +1, in the gun.

Try some slide forward reloads w/a full 20rd mag...that's why.:supergrin:

Good shooting

8. Meathead9

Meathead9
    Expand Collapse

I figured 20 reloadable was probably a no go, but I don't think I'll be at a disadvantage with 19rd reloads.

I went for a quick indoor range trip last night to shoot my newest G20SF w/KKM 10-40 barrel. I had some 180gr Bear Creek TC's & 180gr Zero JHP's loaded to 1.20" OAL, so I loaded up all my Arredondo'd mags with 20rds each. I had to seat them with the slide open, but they all functioned fine (only tried it once each though). I may have to do some sanding on the inside edge of the bottom of the mag bodies if I start having issues.