Glock Talk banner

Anyone have any Sig Custom shop work done?

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  dnuggett 
#1 ·
I'm considering sending my new CPO P228 to the Sig CS when I get it for the action enhancement package or whatever they call a trigger job. Anyone have this done? Was it worth the $180?

#7 ·
I sent back an old P229 I picked up and had them do the SSP, SRT, & E2 grip installation. Action was already good, and was really much smoother when it came back after all the work.

Why do you want it send your P228 back? Mine was very tight (also a CPO) before I put the first round through it. It's loosened up a bit after the first range session and lots of dry firing with snap caps. It's one of my favorite SIGs right now.

#9 ·
I had a 229 with Sig's action enhancement package. It was pretty slick and much nicer than the factory trigger.

I sold it years ago. (One I shouldn't have sold by the way.) :crying:

However, I replaced it a few years ago with a new 229 with a Bruce Gray trigger job.

After having the Gray trigger job done, I'll never send a gun back to Sig for trigger work.

It's not that Sig didn't do a good job or anything, but the Gray trigger was just that much better!

I would however recommend Sig for trigger work. They do a good job.

I would recommend Bruce Gray's work over everything else though.

:wavey:

#10 · (Edited)
I had a 229 with Sig's action enhancement package. It was pretty slick and much nicer than the factory trigger.

I sold it years ago. (One I shouldn't have sold by the way.) :crying:

However, I replaced it a few years ago with a new 229 with a Bruce Gray trigger job.

After having the Gray trigger job done, I'll never send a gun back to Sig for trigger work.

It's not that Sig didn't do a good job or anything, but the Gray trigger was just that much better!

I would however recommend Sig for trigger work. They do a good job.

I would recommend Bruce Gray's work over everything else though.

Very good info, thanks. Does he have a website? What dd your trigger job run?

#14 ·
I see someone already beat me to the link! If I recall, I paid somewhere around $300 for the work but that was several years back. His prices may have changed a bit.

I strongly recommend his work. I'm sure there are other great pistolsmiths out there that do fine work but when it comes to a Sig or HK, Bruce Gray is second to none.

Pricey? Yes but worth every penny!

#15 ·
I

I strongly recommend his work. I'm sure there are other great pistolsmiths out there that do fine work but when it comes to a Sig or HK, Bruce Gray is second to none.

Pricey? Yes but worth every penny!

A lot of folks consider Burke his equal. Technically your statement would still be true, but I am just saying. Burke is damn good as well. I have 2 P226s that are going to get trigger work from Burke soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.