close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone have an LC9

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by SiberianErik, Jan 17, 2013.

1. SiberianErik

SiberianErik
    Expand Collapse

I just finished up my Ruger Certifications at work and I can have one Ruger (p/yr) at cost. I sell a ton of the LC9's and really like them. I am looking for mainly pocket carry so...what is the consensus on them ??

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. hdking46

hdking46
    Expand Collapse

i have had one for a couple months carry it in pocket of my shorts.. have carried snups,380,s and really like lc9 shoots great (long trigger) but not that bad have had worse..keltec that is... cant beat price great gun for money 2 thumbs up from me:number1:

3. c01

c01
    Expand Collapse
    Crazy Eye

tagged....

4. cscsguy1

cscsguy1
    Expand Collapse

Thumbs up for me also.... it was the first pistol I bought and I really like it as my ccw
    After buying my second pistol I realized I want to change the trigger pull as it causes me to pull down and to the right (I'm missing the tip of my index finger so it is enuf of a reach already.
    Also fits great in pockets and for summer carry!

#4 cscsguy1, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  5. RGbiker

RGbiker
    Expand Collapse

I bought one of the first LC9 to hit the market. Shot well. Loaded with California safety features, one easily removed.

I didn't care for the long trigger pull, therefore I sold it early last year to a friend who couldn't live without a Ruger LC9.

Galloway Precision now makes aftermarket trigger/trigger bar/hammer assemblies that, IMO, makes the LC9 a more pleasant pocket carry gun.

6. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine
    Expand Collapse

I happened to be in the gun store when the first one was delivered. Feb. 2011.
    I liked it, bought it and thought I'd give it a workout. Over a thousand rounds in the first eight days.
    I stopped counting rounds at over 1,700 trouble free shots.

I sometimes pocket carry it but it's too big for most of my pockets.

I liked the gun so well I bought a second one for a spare.:)

7. wrenrj1

wrenrj1
    Expand Collapse

I have one, personally I think it's a bit too big for pocket carry, saying that I carry an LCP when pocket carrying. I've had difficulty finding an IWB LH holster but finally found one. Shot about 100 rounds thru mine, no problems, but still not comfortable with carrying it accuracy wise. I like the feel of it, but I'm just not good with it yet. I'll stay with the G26 for now, or as stated the LCP for pocket carry.

8. bushhogg

bushhogg
    Expand Collapse

Yep, good pocket gun for up close and personal... Its not a target gun though....Its just got to much trigger for me...

#8 bushhogg, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  9. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine
    Expand Collapse

Yeah that's true, it's not a target gun but it will get the job done.

Standing, two hands, 52 yards.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Up close shooting.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#9 M2 Carbine, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  10. SiberianErik

SiberianErik
    Expand Collapse

Nice shooting M2..:wow:

well I am having my gunsmith go thru the 3 we have in the used case and he picked me up one that appears to never have been fired. :supergrin: I am going to just grab that for what we have in it (about $225 :cool:) instead of waiting for Ruger to send me a new one(4 weeks) .

#10 SiberianErik, Jan 18, 2013
  11. Breadman03

Breadman03
    Expand Collapse

The top three were my first three at 25 yards to show my wife it wasn't the sights.... I dialed in the laser off of that group and the rest of that paper were her shots with the laser at 25 yards. It was her first day shooting.

The target is about 12".

[​IMG]

I think it is a little big for pocket duty, but probably not too bad without the pinkie extension.

#11 Breadman03, Jan 18, 2013
  12. bmoore

bmoore
    Expand Collapse

Mine is a lemon. When my son wakes up I am driving to my UPS hub to ship it back to Ruger. Fails to extract the case out of the chamber about 2 out of every 50. Tried 4 different kinds of ammo. I have about 300 rounds throught it. I am bummed because I really like the gun. Hopefully Ruger will get me squared away.

13. up1911fan

up1911fan
    Expand Collapse

I don't like the trigger, mag disconnect, or LCI. I have a CM9 on the way.

14. JUSTBOB

JUSTBOB
    Expand Collapse

Me too. Just got back from dropping it off at UPS. Purchased new, first trip to the range. Failed to extract 15 out of 70 rounds fired. Really disappointed. Bought it for CCW, but it's going to take a lot of range time now, to get my confidence up to an acceptable level.

Just glad I have my old reliable G26. No need to ever worry about it. I trust my life with it every day. I just pray I never have a real need to use it.

15. FLglockdude

FLglockdude
    Expand Collapse

I briefly looked at an LC9 when I was shopping for a pocket nine. I decided against it for several reasons, the gun is too big for pocket carry IMO, the trigger sucks, and it has way too many nanny 'safety' features. I decided on a Kahr CM9. It pocket carries great, has a beautiful trigger, no ridiculous safety features, and mine has been totally reliable.

16. Chesafreak

Chesafreak
    Expand Collapse

I have one and think its slightly too big for pocket carry unless you have really big pockets. The trigger is great for a CC pistol but terrible for accuracy. I installed a Galloway trigger kit in mine, which shortened the trigger travel by half. The LC9 is a tackdriver if you can get used to the trigger pull or install a Galloway kit.

I heard that Ruger is introducing 9 round extended mags for the LC9 but they haven't shown up on shopruger.com yet.

After installing the Galloway kit:
    [​IMG]

#16 Chesafreak, Jan 18, 2013
  17. G23Gen4TX

G23Gen4TX
    Expand Collapse

I liked it but replaced mine with the Shield. I did not like that trigger.

18. WiskyT

WiskyT
    Expand Collapse
    Malcontent

I don't know how many thousands of rounds have been through mine, probably 3,000. It's never missed a beat. I have since removed the manual safety since it digs into my love handle (I Mexican carry it a lot). It does fine in a pocket if you are wearing shorts or khakis, something that is loose fitting. If you're wearing a tight pair of jeans, forget it.

[​IMG]

19. bmoore

bmoore
    Expand Collapse

Yep, same thing with me. Just sent it off a couple hours ago. I hope they get it worked out.

20. Jim B in CO

Jim B in CO
    Expand Collapse

Make sure you loosen the set screw that holds the rear sight in place, apply red loctite and re-tighten. Mine came loose :steamed: (although it's been fine since I loctited the screw). Other than that, it's been good. As others have said, the trigger isn't great and it's not terribly accurate but it's a carry gun, not a target pistol. It's definitely more comfortable for me to carry than a G27; I love how it's so thin.

#20 Jim B in CO, Jan 18, 2013