close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anyone have an FNAR?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by HexHead, Jan 27, 2012.

1. HexHead

HexHead

Jul 16, 2009
    I saw one the other day at a LGS and it piqued my interest. I was thinking of some form of M14, but like I said, this looks interesting.

2. Andrewsky

Andrewsky

May 28, 2004
    I have a Browning BAR sporting rifle in .270 Winchester, which is what the FNAR is based on.

See here:

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/finder.asp?f1=002B&bg=x

The BAR I have is extremely accurate. It is put together moderately well. It lacks an easy disassembly, detachable magazine, flash suppressor, parkerized finish, and other military features.

The FNAR has a detachable magazine but it still doesn't have all the military features of something like an FAL or M14. They took a good sporting rifle and produced a precision rifle moreso than a battle rifle.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012

3. HauntedAlabama

HauntedAlabama

Jan 25, 2007
    Alabama
    I do not have one but I am thinking about getting one. A local sporting goods store had a deal at Christmas for the rifle and 3 mags for $999.99. I noticed the other day they were still running that deal. Thinking I might put one in layaway.

4. AZ Jeff

AZ Jeff

Aug 20, 2003
    middle of AZ
    My biggest gripe with this rifle is that the gas system is just about impossible to clean without major disassembly of the arm. It's based on the BAR, as others have noted, and since that is a sporting rifle, the gas system is assumed to not get very dirty very fast, and thus ease of cleaning is not a consideration in the design.

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    AZ is correct.

I played with a .300 Winchester BAR back in the days and traded it off for a Sako bolt gun in same caliber.