close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anyone experience holster snag with Tru Glo TFO?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by glockandgroovin', Sep 2, 2013.

1. glockandgroovin'

glockandgroovin' Devil Dog

Feb 2, 2001
    Va
    I'm giving these a serious look for my G23. I was watching a couple of youtube vids,one of the guys was catching the front sight on his holster upon drawing his Glock. Has this happened to anyone else? Seems that the front sight sits a little higher than most others.

2. smitret

smitret

Sep 6, 2008
    No problems with TFO's on my G22.

Kydex holster is used regularly for USPSA matches.

Good Luck

3. HKUSP9SD

HKUSP9SD

Aug 18, 2012
    AZ
    I had problems with my front snagging on a desantis leather speed scabbard on the draw. Fixed it by rounding off an edge on the sight.

4. JohnnyE

JohnnyE

May 15, 2011
    G27 with TFOs give me no problems in either my Mitch Rosen USDII or Crossbreed Supertuck.

5. Adamz04

Adamz04

Mar 28, 2012
    Indiana
    No problems on my 26 and 32. I use a kydex holster and there is plenty of room for them.

6. No problems with my G23 with TG TFO's and a Crossbreed Supertuck or Remora.

7. sasqwatch2

sasqwatch2

Aug 9, 2013
    Illinois
    I have TFO's on my G20 and have never had them get caught on my FCT kydex holster.

8. GP-Pirate

GP-Pirate Senior Member

Oct 7, 2012
    Tallahassee FL
    I have these on my Gen 4 19 and love them. Great for night or day use. Like a poster above, the only holster I had a problem with is the Desantis, probably because the leather is softer and they tend to form around your body. No problems at all in a IWB Cross Breed or a custom IWB Kydex.

9. glockandgroovin'

glockandgroovin' Devil Dog

Feb 2, 2001
    Va
    Thanks for all the replies. I ordered a set of TFO lows. Apparently they dont sit as high as the original. I will be carrying my 23 in an Ozarks IWB,which i've heard is quite similar to a Crossbreed Super Tuck.

10. GP-Pirate

GP-Pirate Senior Member

Oct 7, 2012
    Tallahassee FL