Anyone Ever Use Cut Shotshells?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by Jamesey, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Saw these videos on Youtube. Never heard of this before but it sounded interesting

[ame=""]The lost art of "Cut Shells" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=""]Cut Shells and Waxers from a Pump Shotgun: Does it work? - YouTube[/ame]

Then I saw this one:

[ame=""]12ga Shotgun CUT SHELLS -Slow Motion Study - YouTube[/ame]

Has anyone ever heard of cut shotshells or used them without blowing up a perfectly good shotgun? It seemed like a low-cost option to slugs; perhaps even low base/low recoil alternative. But the cost of slugs would be less than replacing my shotgun, especiallly if the feds outlaw them.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Anyone else never had a real massage? The Okie Corral Friday at 11:33 AM
    Anyone ever donate plasma? The Okie Corral Thursday at 1:37 AM
    Anyone Ever Adopt a Really Old Dog? The Okie Corral Monday at 11:55 AM
    Anyone ever buy an Eotech or Aimpoint Pro & return it for the other one. Black Rifle Forum Sep 26, 2015
    Anyone ever see a G38 in FDE? The Bull Dawgs Club Aug 15, 2015

3. This comes up from time to time. I've tried it myself, and it works in a pinch, but it's risky since the diameter of the cut shell is wider than your barrel, and thus is more likely to get stuck and cause overpressure. I wouldn't do it regularly. Wax slugs however are much safer since they're no wider than the shot cup.

Remember a few safety precautions. Only load custom loads like these directly into the chamber, do not put them in the tube as there is a risk of them opening up and spilling. Also always check to make sure your load entirely cleared the barrel every time you fire and that there are no obstructions left behind.

4. This is probably the third or fourth thread on this in the past few months. Vinnie's post sums up my thoughts nicely.

At least the OP's location made me smile.
  5. Here is another vote for listening to Vinnie,and let's kill the thread on GPs
  6. MarkCO

Millennium Member CLM

And a third "Listen to Vinnie".