close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anyone ever reload before going to work?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by DoctaGlockta, Aug 31, 2011.

1. This morning I thought I'd shake it up a little. Just before I took the kids to school I sat down at the press and banged out 100 rounds of 45acp in 10 minutes and threw them in the tumbler for a final polish. I must admit it was a decent way to start the day. Just wish I had time to shoot them today.

Any morning reloaders here?

2. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    I used to do it all the time. 10 mins a day. 100 rds.

3. wuvmyglock

wuvmyglock

May 20, 2010
    I unloaded a couple in a groundhog the other morning.. That was a rush!

4. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Jun 12, 2002
    North Carolina
    I like to do it in the morning, but the wife never seems up for it.

5. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Aug 4, 2008
    FL
    I've been known to crank out a few before work, but it is an infrequent occurrance. My reloading time is usually after 10pm.

ETA - I do get some other prep work done on occasion in the mornings. Frequently, I'm emptying the tumbler from the overnight batch and setting the next batch to run. And on occasion other preparation work such as loading primer tubes, adjusting a powder charge, switching shellplates or primer punch, trimming cases, etc.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  6. ColoCG

ColoCG

Mar 18, 2011
    Colorado
    I quite often reload before starting to work. And since I'm retired that and shooting quite often is my work!:supergrin:

7. ustate

ustate NRA Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Utah
    I leave the house at around 4:30 am, so I'm barely awake before work.

8. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Aug 4, 2008
    FL
    For you, having to walk around the estate to locate the butler, then telling him to crank out another 100 rounds on the 1050 just so you can take potshots at the brown bears and run them down the hill to those flatlanders at a lesser elevation.

9. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    70% of my reloading is done in the mornings before work. I work swing shift starting at 2:30 pm. I usually do all my case prep stuff, cleaning, trimming, setting up the press, load primer tubes during the day and when I get home at night then load 400-500 rounds for a little wind down time before bed.

10. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO

See, that's how much you know. We don't have brown bears, we have black bears and for some reason this summer you can't swing a dead cat without hitting one. They're up on at least one of my decks almost every night. Dawg has taken off after two of them so far. (Had one of my GS's get mauled to death doing that about 15 years ago.)

Even had a lion problem about 2 months ago. One took up residence in the deadfall about 20 yards behind my bedroom window for a week or so. Dawg took off after her, (him?) one night and was gone for 3 1/2 hours. Figured I was going to have to buy a new dog.

Had to carry a rifle at night just so she could go out and go potty. I'm starting to feel like Marlin Perkins.

Jack

11. jmorris

jmorris

Apr 13, 2006
    After a recent move (its not been a year yet) I reload before every match it seems. That reminds me I need to get to work on the new bench.

12. RustyFN

RustyFN

Sep 29, 2006
    West Virginia
    Too early. I leave for work around 6:15 AM and don't wake up until 9:00 AM.

13. Same here. Plus I have an 11 month old daughter I wouldn't want to wake up. My reloading room is in my basement and my daughters room is just above it.

14. PhantomF4E

PhantomF4E

Aug 24, 2010
    South Florida
    I work virtual. Sometimes I reload while I'm at work ;-)

15. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    Jack... send some catamounts down this-a-way. We gots a skunk problem.

Neighborhood tom cat saved my bacon last night.

16. ursoboostd

ursoboostd

Jun 30, 2009
    Florence, Ky
    Work starts at 6am. No morning loading for me.