close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anyone ever heard of HI WIRE?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by SkyStorm82, Dec 5, 2005.

1. All of my anti-spyware programs pull up a hit called Hi-Wire. Anyone know what this is? For some reason I think that it's part of something I installed so I haven't been deleting it. Maybe because I have a wireless thing called 2Wire hooked up to my laptop I think I need to keep the HiWire.;g ^8

ETA: It seems to be connected to MusicMatch somehow. That particular program was already installed on the laptop when I bought it.

2. Be careful where you get your info.Some websites are fakes to install things on your PC.This website seems okay.

http://www.f-secure.com/sw-desc/hi-wire.shtml

Hi-wire I think came in Limewire.Newer version of Limewire are suppose to be spyware/adware free but don't count on it.

3. I hope not...I was browing thru a bunch of threads here and I them from links you posted;) Thanks by the way.

What is HI-Wire anyway?

4. That last link you provided mentioned lavasoft in it. I have AdAware installed and I believe they are from lavasoft....is that where the Hi-Wire came from?

5. No,I think Lavasoft detected it and F-Secure repeated what Lavasoft said about it.