close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anyone ever experience this in Winblows XP...

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by DonL, Jul 28, 2008.

1. DonL

DonL

Jul 22, 2002
    Arizona
    In Win98 if moving/deleting/copying/cutting/pasting files while organizing(A lot of this at one time) I would experience a system slow down to the point where it would take a file a minute to open....Would need a reboot.....Not using Win98 now.

Well...with Winblows Pro XPsp2(with most all updates to Sp3) while doing the same type of organizing I get this anomaly. At some point while organizing all of a sudden if I click to open a file, it will select maybe 3 or 4 files that are near it also and open all the files. If I move those files, lets say they are on the desktop, it will make a copy of them. When I say move, I mean just slide them to a new location on the desktop. Some files I can just select that file while others that are selected will select a group. Also, all my folders will have the History bar now showing. I don't have the History bar showing in any folders. I've shutdown Explorer using the Control/Alt/Shift then Cancel(Standby/TurnOff/Reboot window) method then an Explorer restart with no luck. A reboot fixes the problem.

Anyone hear of this problem?

2. doktarZues

doktarZues I'm anti-anti

Nov 11, 2003
    Brevard County, FL
    Afraid I haven't, and have no tips or links for a quick fix. I would immediately suspect and eliminate as a variable a heavily fragmented HD, also corrupt or failing HD. Large assortment of freeware utils to run hard drive diagnostics. Good luck..