close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anyone else really nervous about this election?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by harlenm, Oct 31, 2012.

1. harlenm

harlenm Millennium Member

Jul 20, 1999
    CT
    6 days to go, and I'm really starting to think that it's gonna be tough for Romney to win.

I'm afraid of what's going to happen if Obama wins a 2nd term. As it is, my insurance for next year is about 65% higher next year compared to this year, plus our anticipated income for next year is down about $5000 from what it should be.

2. IndianaMatt

IndianaMatt

Jul 8, 2008
    I'm anxious, maybe in an excited nervous kind of way. Amazing how contentious American politics have become. I have no idea who will win, because its so close, but either way, there will be A LOT of really pissed off people after election day.

3. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    A little nervous. I worry about many on the right being too dumb to understand the consequences of voting for some third party nut to "teach the Republicans a lesson." (that lesson being that you can get a Democrat elected every time by using the power of the media to divide the right)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  4. Calico Jack

Calico Jack NO QUARTER

Apr 11, 2010
    The High Seas
    Nervous... nah. I do however look forward to seeing the meltdowns on November 7th and beyond (regardless of the outcome).

5. Not really. The sun will still rise the following day. The kids will have to get ready for school and catch the bus, and me and the wife will go to work.

There's just some things in life that aren't worth worrying about, since you're powerless to control it.

It is what it is.

6. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

Nov 19, 2010
    SC
    Not worried at all. I believe Romney will win by a decent margin.

7. dango

dango

Jun 9, 2008
    Yes , extremely,One of these guys may actaully win...Eeeeeeeeeeeek..! :shocked:

8. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

It's all been determined by the corporate masters... the tension you feel, that's been created through the illusion of choice and debates.

9. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

It isn't about teaching the Republicans or Democrats a lesson, it's about being sick and tired of their BS and wanting REAL change that is in line with the Constitutional values of this nation. It's about being TRUE to ones values and beliefs and not bending to the will of the masses just because we CHOOSE to be free in our thoughts, actions and choices.

You can continue to be a slave to the illusion you are in you or you can step out and see with clearer eyes that it doesn't matter which of the two evils you have been coerced into voting for wins, nothing will significantly change for the better and we will continue off the cliff of failure regardless. To believe otherwise tells me you have consumed much of the kool-aid proffered by your "choice".

10. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

We are not powerless, the problem is people are too blinded by bling and lazy to step up and do what's right and fearful to leave their comfort zone for a real possible change.

11. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

Feb 28, 2003
    Finally made 1000 posts
    What? "Become" nothing. They've always been that way. It goes back to Jefferson vs Adams. Andrew Jackson had his mother called a prostitute, and wife was called a whore.

12. The Machinist

The Machinist No Compromise

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    What's there to be nervous about? The status quo will continue. Neither candidate will fight for cuts or the complete abolition of the Ponzi scheme entitlement programs that have bankrupted us, and the debt will grow until the day we can no longer kick the can down the road. Trying to choose between Obama or Romney is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.

13. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    Turn CT RED!

Vote. Talk to your neighbors. I know its an uphill battle in CT. But miracles do happen. Accepting the status quo is defeat. ONe of the reason blue states like yours stay blue. Don't be discouraged. Vote and put some english on it!

14. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    I hope you're one of them.

15. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

Feb 28, 2003
    Finally made 1000 posts
    It's not as bad this time as 2008 because nobody is predicting the house will go back to a democrap majority.

16. OGW

OGW NRA, SAF

Aug 23, 2004
    N.W. Lower Michigan
    I wouldn't argue with any of that post.

17. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    I'm nervous in the fact that if it's true, that non-citizens are being ferried by the bus load to the elections, and actually voting for obama, then Romney might have issues winning. But, if it's not true, then he shouldn't have any issues winning, hopefully. But, you never really know what the outcome will be until it's over.

18. Show me as one of the "third party nuts" you're referencing in your post. I can only hope the Senate and House go Pub, and Obama gets elected as Prez. Nothing gets done, and I'm good with them (the Congress) doing absolutely nothing. In fact, I'd prefer they all just go on a permanent vacation until their terms are up.

I'd rather Obammy get elected now, it'll set the tone for the downfall and we can hit the reset button sooner than if Romney were elected.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  19. canis latrans

canis latrans

May 29, 2000
    lifetime Supreme Court appointees :shocked:

20. Harper

Harper

Aug 10, 2010
    No, I already know the results; a Goldman Sachs liberal is going to get elected.