close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anyone else out there "Supporting the Cause" in your own way?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Contact, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Contact

Contact

May 4, 2006
    Michigan
    I'll start this thread by saying that my girlfriend is not anti-gun, but not quite as pro-gun as I am, she supports responsible ownership, but doesn't quite have the passion for the sport that I do. A few weeks ago we bought her her first gun to learn with (Beretta Neos), and I think it's great to see a new shooter take pride in her gun.

Fast forward to the events of Sandy Hook, and the soon to follow bobble-heads of the media trying to scare the people into believing that the government is going to implement some type of ban, and her and I got to talking about the what if's and if I thought the people would really stand against the government. Just for the heck of it, and to prove my point, we hopped into the car and drove up to one of the big box hunting stores to find the rifle accessories picked clean, and plenty more people besides us looking through what was left for anything they might want.

So we left that store, and went to one of the local gun ranges that has a storefront as well, and was able to find that they had some PMAG's stored in the back they were selling 2 at a time. Most people were coming in, looking, and leaving without asking anyone for them, but I stood in line and asked when I got up to the counter.

As my girlfriend was looking around, soaking in the dozens of people who were scrounging up every last thing they might want, she seemed to realize how passionate most of us are about our sport, and...here was the kicker...once we got up to the counter, I bought my 2 Pmags, and she whipped out her card and bought 2 more for me. I think I'm in love. :supergrin:

So, as we got out to the car and were driving home, she kind of mentioned how it seemed crazy that so many people were in a frenzy like that, but I told her that they way I see it, the money we spent that night was a vote for what we believe in. Sure, there's never a bad time to buy a few more AR magazines, but truth be told, what people buy and when they buy it speaks volumes to our legislators. Could you imagine what our elected leaders would have said if there were record drops in sales in the gun industry? Heck, there were plenty of people who said they NRA was weak, and didn't believe in it's own cause anymore simply because they fell silent out of respect for the Sandy Hook Victims. Talk about a cheap shot!!

I picked up 4 PMags, and renewed my NRA membership which I didn't realize had lapsed. It's not much, but it's a contribution to the cause nonetheless. So, per the title of the thread, what have you done to support the gun culture lately, if anything?

2. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net CLM

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    I spread the truth about guns all over the web, via boards (not just gun boards), blogs, videos, etc... I am a member of the NRA, I urge any and all to become members. I write my congressmen OFTEN!

I support the companies in the gun industry who support our rights by patronizing them (among other things), and I talk to anyone I know who will listen about the importance of gun ownership. This starts with my kids, wife, family, and spreads out from there.

I do own a gun related business, but I am not in it for the money as much as I enjoy everything about guns. I would give it up in a second if I thought it would help me have MORE rights as a gun owner.

The 2nd amendment is something I am passionate about because I believe in FREEDOM and I love what our country stands for in the world. I don't want to see us follow on the national stage like we are starting to do more and more. We should lead like we have done in the past. We need to follow the constitution.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012

3. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    Yes I have! I do whatever I can to inform people about what is going on. Its ashame most won't even write a congressmen, senator or be pro-active in any way. Their just going to be re-active when the governments BS gun control laws are enacted.

4. Panglоss

Panglоss I am the NRA

Oct 11, 2012
    Purchased 15 PMAGs, bought a Daniel Defense AR, renewed with the NRA (also sent them a letter telling them not to back down on their AWB stance), convinced 2 other people to buy ARs (and got them trained in the basics of shooting them)...and try to logically argue with anti-gun people when possible.

5. bprice01

bprice01

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio, TX
    I make kydex holsters and offered a free one to anyone who would get their CHL. 5 or 6 took me up on it.

6. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Already have a lifetime membership to NRA so no need to renew, evah!

Sold 2 AR's to 2 of my friends, one each, both first time AR owners, and I sold it to them at the price I paid, without making one extra dime on each, just to get more owners involved without having them be gouged.

Everytime someone brings up gun ownership and responsible ownership, I talk to them logically. Had a short, but poignant discussion tonight as a matter of fact, with a few old friends who have recently taken up an interest in firearms due to the current events. They asked the same ignorant questions (not to be confrontational, but just because they were don't know) and I answered them honestly and got them to see the point that no gun law can prevent what has happened with all the mass shootings we have had. Now a few want to go shooting and even buy a gun of their own. Felt good.

7. GAFinch

GAFinch

Feb 23, 2009
    Georgia
    I told a family member last week that there's only one reason federal politicians want gun registration (confiscation) and there's only one reason they'd want to confiscate guns (they're power-hungry sociopaths). I've also been trying to get people to think through how the masses with three days worth of food will react when the economy collapses.

8. bmoore

bmoore

Jan 15, 2006
    Under a regime.
    I load my own 223. None of my work friends can find ammo. All they have to do is show me their NRA card and I make them 5 boxes, thats a pretty good deal.

9. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

Oct 28, 1999
    Blue Planet
    How many of you would be willing to go to Washington DC and demonstrate? How many of you would carry your firearm with you in defiance of the laws in DC? How many will actively resist?

Instead of doing something useful most will panic and buy all kinds of guns and ammo and hide in the basement.

Talk is cheap, rhetoric is BS. When the time comes how many of us will actually get off our butts and act to save our civil rights? Too damn few I suspect.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  10. Rick Patino, U of L Basketball coach, made Gun Control support comments during one of his press conferences. I sold the basketball tickets I had for this season (only two games) and I'm sending the proceeds to the NRA $175.

I'm writing my 2 senators and Congressman. I spent 20 years in the military ensuring the Constitution was protected, the progressives are ruining this country. OH and I'm voting with my dollars at the local indoor range, the gun shows, etc etc etc.

As a Christian I ask that God Bless America...the Good Lord must have tears in his eyes.

LT USN (Ret)

11. SilverBullet_83

SilverBullet_83 NRA member

Nov 23, 2008
    Clermont, Fl
    I with support of facts talk to those who read only what the mainstream media tells them. My never had a gun in hisife father in law bought a handgun this last week after a discussion that we had. 1 at a time. My wife is now also is a active Florida concealed carry.

12. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

Aug 28, 2006
    Not Los Angeles.
    I'm "supporting the cause" the same way I did last election: refused to buy anything firearm related at panic stricken inflated prices. I also trolled the major news internet comment boards with sarcasm laced anti-gun control replies.

13. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    cogan station, pa, usa
    Just got a case of factory Remington UMC .357 Sig FMJ for just $199 shipped. Local shops are $280-$320! Also picked up 1000 174FMJ .30 Match bullets for $12/100.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  14. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Where did you find the match bullets?

15. Razorback01

Razorback01

Jun 28, 2012
    So far I've gotten my wife and mother to join the NRA. Getting a $25 Bass Pro Shops gift card makes it an easy sell:winkie: I've also written the state reps/legislators and POTUS.

16. Contact

Contact

May 4, 2006
    Michigan
    Yeah, you have to be careful buying anything lately, as the market is flooded with folks trying to dump stuff they wish they'd never bought.

Luckily the 4 PMAG's I was able to get my hands on were at the normal price. :cool:

17. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 Pastafarian

Jun 19, 2007
    CT
    I sold an SKS to a buddy (his first rifle) and for a price that would've been really good even before the current rush began.

I gave a speech for a communications class last November on how to get a pistol permit in CT.

Also, renewed my NRA membership.

18. 4TS&W

4TS&W 2A RKBA 4EVER

Jul 20, 2002
    here and there...
    I bought some AR lowers. some uppers, and some pmags. Got pre panic prices on all of them.

19. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    I bought everything I could get my hands on...
    Penned letters three different times so far in the last month.

20. Shaker223

Shaker223 Boost Rules

Mar 7, 2005
    The Hand (Michigan)
    I bought my 12 year old son a lifetime membership for the NRA.