Anyone else like lever actions?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by frank_drebin, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Congrats! I have the .22 magnum version. One of the best guns I own.

Does yours have twin extractors like mine does, or a single.

I think the 10/22 magazines are slightly different than the 96/22 mmagazines, but maybe they work anyway? I think the 96 magazines are instead the same as the 77 bolt-action magazines.

I joined the NRA, have you yet?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. will do, I know Browning makes one in .243 also as a friend won one in a gun raffle but I never get that lucky nor do I have that kind of $$ :)

3. Always loved them and hunted with my Dad's early 1970's Winchester 94 back when I was a youngster. He bought it new, still has it.

Finally one day I bought my own, a Marlin. My LGS used to have them all the time for pretty reasonable, not much lately. I bought this one for around $300 a few years back.

Put a good peep sight on it, and started loading for it. With 165 grain lead going around 1200 fps, it's a great plinker. Jacketed bullets will shoot very accurately, better than my eyes will perform. I've had groups at 100 yards at 1.5" with iron sights (lucky).

Shot a deer with it just to say I did, and see how it worked. It was fun sneaking around the woods with an iron sight rifle after game.

Now I'm thoroughly in love, and will buy more of these things when I see them.