Anyone else like lever actions?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by frank_drebin, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Congrats! I have the .22 magnum version. One of the best guns I own.

Does yours have twin extractors like mine does, or a single.

I think the 10/22 magazines are slightly different than the 96/22 mmagazines, but maybe they work anyway? I think the 96 magazines are instead the same as the 77 bolt-action magazines.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. will do, I know Browning makes one in .243 also as a friend won one in a gun raffle but I never get that lucky nor do I have that kind of $$ :)

3. Always loved them and hunted with my Dad's early 1970's Winchester 94 back when I was a youngster. He bought it new, still has it.

Finally one day I bought my own, a Marlin. My LGS used to have them all the time for pretty reasonable, not much lately. I bought this one for around $300 a few years back.

[​IMG]

Put a good peep sight on it, and started loading for it. With 165 grain lead going around 1200 fps, it's a great plinker. Jacketed bullets will shoot very accurately, better than my eyes will perform. I've had groups at 100 yards at 1.5" with iron sights (lucky).

Shot a deer with it just to say I did, and see how it worked. It was fun sneaking around the woods with an iron sight rifle after game.

[​IMG]

Now I'm thoroughly in love, and will buy more of these things when I see them.