Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Anyone else buy an awesome 1911 and never shoot it?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by B_RAD, Sep 23, 2012.

1. B_RAD

Jan 2, 2008
    NW AR
    When I started this thread I wasn't really talking about not shooting a gun because it's a collector. There's nothing wrong with keeping collectors. If I had some of the guns that some here have (bac1023) I'd never shoot them. I have a Ruger No 1, 7X57, International that's never been fired. I also have a Colt .38 Super unfired. Neither are collectors but are the only guns I own that have not been fired. Both were my grandfathers and he never shot them. I suspect my Dad and I will shoot them one day but we're waiting for a good time when we're together. Until then I have no problem with these two sitting in the safe.

What I was asking originally was how many of you buy something like a semi-custom 1911, planing on shooting the crap out of it, but then never really shoot it very much for one reason or another? For me personally I hate having this No Name sitting there! I wish I could shoot it everyday. There's all ways a reason why I can't get out to shoot it. I'm going to have to fix that!
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012