close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anyone else buy an awesome 1911 and never shoot it?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by B_RAD, Sep 23, 2012.

1. B_RAD

B_RAD

Jan 2, 2008
    NW AR
    When I started this thread I wasn't really talking about not shooting a gun because it's a collector. There's nothing wrong with keeping collectors. If I had some of the guns that some here have (bac1023) I'd never shoot them. I have a Ruger No 1, 7X57, International that's never been fired. I also have a Colt .38 Super unfired. Neither are collectors but are the only guns I own that have not been fired. Both were my grandfathers and he never shot them. I suspect my Dad and I will shoot them one day but we're waiting for a good time when we're together. Until then I have no problem with these two sitting in the safe.

What I was asking originally was how many of you buy something like a semi-custom 1911, planing on shooting the crap out of it, but then never really shoot it very much for one reason or another? For me personally I hate having this No Name sitting there! I wish I could shoot it everyday. There's all ways a reason why I can't get out to shoot it. I'm going to have to fix that!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012