close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

anyone else a business major?

Discussion in 'Business Forum' started by mrwiggins, Nov 15, 2005.

1. CollegeGlocker

CollegeGlocker

Nov 15, 2005
    Business is for engineering majors that flunked out. ;f

2. mrwiggins

mrwiggins lookout ladies

May 31, 2004
    Louisiana
    but i love sales and management, so it's up my alley.

3. CollegeGlocker

CollegeGlocker

Nov 15, 2005
    Will graduate in Mechanical Engineering in the Spring, then maybe go on and get an MBA

4. Str8shootr

Str8shootr

Dec 13, 2004
    Indianapolis
    My daughter graduates a year from next month, she is trying to choose between Management or Finance.........any suggestions? What jobs can she look forward to with either degree?

5. glock_19_9mm

glock_19_9mm

Dec 28, 2004
    Melbourne, FL
    BS in Engineering and working on MA in Management and an MBA.

Could have gone back for MS in engineering but I felt that would limit my future career opportunities. With the current rage in downsizing and outsourcing I did not want to get stuck in a field with shrinking job opportunities. With the Management/Business/Engineering backgrounds, I believe I will be able to get a job in almost any field.

6. GixxerSixxer

GixxerSixxer Phil Deez Nutz

Jul 6, 2005
    SLC, Utah
    I got a BS in Molecular Biology. I'm going back to get a MST degree. It's a Masters of Science and Technology. This is a Business/Management graduate degree for scientists. It is designed to teach scientists how the business world operates as well as more in depth in the science realm.

So the degree is an MBA and Masters of Science rolled into one degree. I'm looking forward to going back. I hope to get a Senior Management position in a Biotech/Pharmaceutical company with it.

7. SureThing

SureThing

Apr 25, 2004
    Upstate SC
    I'm have a Marketing degree also....but work in computers.

8. LBTRS

LBTRS NRA Patron Life

Dec 12, 2004
    Goodyear, AZ
    I'm an MBA student with a concentration in finance. Grad in Aug 06.

LBTRS

9. MADISON

MADISON Millennium Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Anyone else a business major?
    I was 40 years ago. ...never used it.

10. yep-have worked in p/c insurance for 30 years.

11. bunkerbuster

bunkerbuster

Mar 22, 2005
    CO/CA
    I never wanted to major in Engineering nor Business, but I did want to study Science and Economics.

After I graduated I had jobs in:

Financial field
    Chemical engineering field
    airline industry (part time)

conclusion: study whatever you like. Also, do not forget stuff that you learned from school. If it is sci/engineering related, apply it as much as you can. If it is econ/business related, use it ONLY for "ideal/benchmark" figures.

12. Ribbler

Ribbler

Jan 10, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Spoken like a man who has yet to take intermediate accounting!!

13. Ribbler

Ribbler

Jan 10, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I was about 10 yars ago. B.A. in accounting and MBA. Glad I went that route. Would have liked a double major by adding a finance degree but had to get to work.

14. Gratiot

Gratiot

Feb 3, 2006
    Michigan
    Currently I'm working on a dual majors; Business Management and Economics.

Looking forward to this too?
    http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/

15. GixxerSixxer

Jul 6, 2005
    SLC, Utah
    Oh you had better believe it. I've got a friend who's uncle is in a Porsche club here and is going to teach some of the racing classes at the track. I can't wait for the AMA race to come.

Now I'm really torn about buying another bike and having it as a track toy or just riding my regular bike on the track and take the risk of putting it down.

16. Gratiot

Gratiot

Feb 3, 2006
    Michigan
    Tough call, but once you start riding the track, you're probally get rid of the street bike anyways.. it'll never be the same again! Regardless though a set of aftermarket body work looks far cooler, and is far cheaper on the pocket book when you crash

What gen 600 do you have?

17. GixxerSixxer

Jul 6, 2005
    SLC, Utah
    It's a 2001.

I've heard from a number of people that once you get on the track the street riding you used to do looks incredibly dangerous. I can believe it, Big Cottonwood Canyon has blind corners and tar snakes all over the place. My friend hit a deer up Little Cottonwood Canyon. So once you take out the risk of getting a speeding ticket and provide safe run-off room the track just appeals to more people.

I think it will come down to cost. $100/weekend at the track plus tires can get expensive real quick. If I weren't paying for Grad School I might be more inclined to take the chance up more.