close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone dealt with taurus?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Diesel McBadass, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass
    Expand Collapse
    Tactically Epic

I have a 669 i got used. Its broke, had my gunsmith look at it and couldn't fix it. He did a strip and said it looked like a previous owner had tried to use a screwdriver to strip it and gouged a piece which is worrisome seing taurus says it doesn't cover abuse and may just use that as an excuse to tell me to screw off (there rep is very bad.) The problem is its not locking up and cylinder comes out on its own. Im wondering what to expect sending this thing in. And what does taurus do if they can't fi it, credit or something?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass
    Expand Collapse
    Tactically Epic

Nobody's had to send one back?

3. KennyFSU

KennyFSU
    Expand Collapse
    What to wear...

I had a snub-nosed Model 605 .357 that experienced cylinder lockup after < 1000 rounds. Sent it to Taurus in Miami and they rectified the issue in exactly 2 weeks (I'm in Tampa, 4 hours north). I promptly sold it after that.

4. Tim151515

Tim151515
    Expand Collapse
    iHeartGuns

When I dealed with them personally to get replacement parts(that I paid for) I was treated like a second class citizen, and I think I might even be on the waiting list to this day still for a couple of them..even though I placed my order over a year ago. Got super fed up with them and gave it to my LGS to send to them and have it fixed(ironicly, when the GS sent it in it got repaired with the parts they kept me waiting for and was back in their hands, repaired with said parts, in less than 2 weeks.) I said screw them, sold it the day I picked it back up from my LGS towards a cz75 that they had in stock. That was just my experience. I have heard from others that have had better luck, but I cannot speak for them.

5. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass
    Expand Collapse
    Tactically Epic

Im hoping to just fix it up and trade on a smith and wesson. My problem is a prior owner may have actually abused it or just been an idiot in the breakdown. Knowing their rep im half expecting them to blame me and send it back as a useless hunk of steel.

6. Tim151515

Tim151515
    Expand Collapse
    iHeartGuns

Kudos to you for wanting to at least have it fixed before you wash your hands of it. Seems like a lot of people have no problems selling/trading broken guns, and I have to imagine that in a lot of cases the customer buying it has no knowledge that their was anything wrong with it to begin with.

7. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass
    Expand Collapse
    Tactically Epic

Id throw it away and take the 300 dollar loss rather than screw someone over.

8. Batesmotel

Batesmotel
    Expand Collapse

They refused to help me.

Had an early 92 that was eating it's self. The steel slide was chewing up the aluminum frame. The lady at customer service I finally spoke to after several attempted calls told me "That's what you get for being cheap and buying a copy".

9. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

Taurus' customer service pretty much sucks. In fact, its worse than their guns.

10. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass
    Expand Collapse
    Tactically Epic

Im feeling worse as this thread goes along, good thing ill be getting a 686 though smith is known to stand behind their product.

11. Cream Soda Kid

Cream Soda Kid
    Expand Collapse

Wow, I was going to say I've worked with them a couple of times, and though they were a little slow in getting my gun back to me, they were helpful and fixed the problems permanently. But it sounds like a few others here were not so lucky.

12. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

The 686 is outstanding.

13. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

I've heard some good stories of their customer service. However, they aren't consistent.

14. Tim151515

Tim151515
    Expand Collapse
    iHeartGuns

Yeah, one of the reasons I went with Taurus in the first place(besides the fact that it was cheaper than beretta's 92) was because, in a lot of the reviews I watched and read people would rave about how Taurus has great cs/repair policy and stands behind their products. Now, while I did end up getting my pt92 repaired at the end of the day, I felt very underwhelmed with their service, and felt like the only reason it even got fixed was because I had a larger entity send it to them, but got the old cold shoulder when I tried to deal with them privately. That lead me to believe that they really couldn't care less about the individual customers.

Like I said before however, some claim to have had better experiences with them, but I just can't speak for it.

15. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

Like I said, they aren't consistent.

16. CBennett

CBennett
    Expand Collapse

No, ive had several(and still have 1) and none have ever malfunctioned...sorry.

17. PPinesRon

PPinesRon
    Expand Collapse

My kid's PT25 required minor repair, sent it on a Monday, came back on Thursday, with an extra magazine (probably to cover the cost to ship to Taurus), and it's worked well since. I can't complain.

18. Ruggles

Ruggles
    Expand Collapse

The 586 is back baby! Nice and blue :supergrin: I do not even want a revolver but want a 586, Classic blue S&W steel :wavey:

19. BobRicks

BobRicks
    Expand Collapse

I had a PT111 that would not fire a round about 1/2 of the time when it was new out of the box. I called Taurus, and they told me to send it in, which I did. About 3 weeks later I received the gun back with a different upper half. It fired every round after that, and I sold it to a friend who knew the history of the gun.

I am not crazy about their semi-auto products, but I did not have any problems with their customer service the one time I needed to have something repaired.

20. drewseph

drewseph
    Expand Collapse

friends dont let friends buy taurus.

my pt140 wouldnt go through a whole mag without a failure.