Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

anyone carry a 10mm for regular ccw?

Discussion in 'Heart of Dixie Glockers' started by cowboywannabe, Mar 24, 2010.

1. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    as you guys know, summer down here is brutal with the heat but mostly the humidity. and that limits a lot of folks on what they carry for CCW due to the preference for less clothing (legally of course:cool:)

so, that being said i wanted to know if you or somebody you know pretty good carried a 10mm or other large gun similar to a glock 20 for CCW in the summer.

what loads do they prefer, what holster type/method of cetera.

of course i like to hunt, but i dont care what you carry in the woods. im asking about what you carry to the perverbial wal-mart, jr.'s t-ball game, the mall, movie theatre....
  2. I've been carrying mine this winter, just bought it Nov. '09 so I can't tell you about summer yet but I might. A local state rep. has introduced a bill to allow CPL holders to be able to shoot feral swine on public or private land.

3. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    no offense G36, while it was only a year and a half, i lived in detroit and the summer there was very tolerable compared to Alabama. and im from cleveland oh., thats why i asked in this sub board.
  4. I don't see a problem carrying a G20 this summer, open carry is leagle in Mich. but an untucked shirt and an IWB holster for CC will do. I would sure like to take out a feral hog. I'm 70mi west of Detroit.
  5. I have a G21 that I have carried in the Georgia heat.
    I usually wear a light cotton undershirt white or
    a colored one from Wal-Mart under a light weight
    short sleeve cotton or Hawaiian type shirt, unbuttoned.
    I have a Milt Sparks IWB I use or just tuck it into my
    pants, middle of the back.
    Works good for me.
  6. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001

thanks for the feedback. the G21 is a good sized gun. what M.S. IWB rig do you use?