Anyone been packing heavier lately?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Short Cut, Dec 26, 2012.

1. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Situational awareness is just a normal part of CCWing.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. CCW'd G27 for 10yrs after leaving LEO work. It was my BUG for duty G22 duty. Great handgun. For off duty CCW almost always carried with standard 9rd mag + a spare G22 mag.

In the past two months, I've transitioned to a new G30SF with standard 9rd mag (yes, all those rounds do fit) + a spare G21 mag.

They're both keepers, of course.

#82 GeorgieBoy, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  3. BADOS

Been carrying my Glock 27 with the 13 round Glock mag with spacer and 1 in the chamber. Spare Glock mag is 15. Using the Galco Concealable holster which is comfortable and conceals well under my shirt here in Florida.
  4. It's a job/policy requirement. My question would be "why wouldn't he".
  5. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Still just my G17 and a spare mag
  6. nope...
  7. Nope. I carry a G29, G30, or G33 depending on what mood I'm in for that day. Will continue to do so.
  8. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Nice selection! Three different calibers!
    #88 SCmasterblaster, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  9. I work as executive protection, I carry a 17L with a +2 base, 3-33 round mags and a 17 round mag. with 147gr +p+ gold dots, and my back up is my G23 with 2-22 round mags with 180gr Bonded golden sabres. Then in the trunk is 870 with high vis sigts and full of 3/4 oz. high velocity slugs, VA will not catch up with the times and make a patrol rifle cert. so i am stuck with a shotgun.
  10. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

I always bought a 220 at my LGS earlier this week. The thing is a brick. Loved it, but not sure if i'd carry it IWB. Definitely want to buy a sig though.
  11. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

This is GLOCK talk; what is all this talk about Sigs?
    #91 SCmasterblaster, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  12. Same as usual for me. I carry a Glock 19 with 2 spare mags on the opposite side. If I can carry my Glock 17, I will if dress will allow it. But either way I am not too worried as I feel that I am adequately prepared for most things I will encounter.
  13. Mark9Fogger

Mark9Fogger Headed to WA

There's always room for improvement no matter who you are, hence the word "increased" in my post.
  14. Compared to 7+1 of .45 in my old 1911 vs 13+1 of .45 in my xdm, maybe a little. The glocks same. 17 rounds 9mm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2