Glock Talk banner

Anyone been packing heavier lately?

14K views 93 replies 72 participants last post by  Firefightermdc 
#1 ·
or considering it at least? What are you carrying or considering?

My typical load-out is a 1911 and 2 spare mags, which totals 25 rounds of 10MM or .45ACP. Lately I've been thinking about resurrecting an older G20, having the grip shaped at a 1911 angle and putting some new night sights on it. Maybe get a more concealable holster for it too.

With 2 mags my round count goes from 25 to 46. I'm probably more likely to get struck by lighting than face and active shooter scenario like we've been seeing, but I've been thinking that having a heavy load-out sorted out ahead of time for dicier situations may not be a bad idea.

#79 ·
Only in the sense that when I travel I now pack an extra bag with a compact rifle and some mags. With this political climate I always consider the possibility of riots between me and home that I'm going to have to get through.

John
^^^This...
I too have gone for the 'rifle in the trunk' option.

My EDC continues to be a G26 w/standard 10 round mag and a 12 rd mag for a reload and a LCP in my support side front pocket.

HR:cool:

#80 ·
Been carrying a CCW and a BUG for so long, no change. Kimber LE Tact 2, w/2-8rd spares, 442 w/speedloader, and on occasion have become 3 Pistol Pete. Added a Bersa 7 rd Thunder 380acp for outside pocket carrier in my jacket. Since wifey has LTCH, can hand her either 442(38 spec), or Bersa 380acp. Recently noticed holsters that fit 1911A, also fit Bersa, so am looking for a left hand model, to balance out the right hand Kimber. The Mall looks better that way!

#81 ·
I have been considering CCing my G35 more in the cold weather. Still using the G23 as my main CC gun with a total of 29 rounds (15+13+1) on me. I find myself running more active shooter scenarios in my head and having increased situational awareness wherever I go, especially at malls and movie theaters.
Situational awareness is just a normal part of CCWing.

#82 · (Edited)
CCW'd G27 for 10yrs after leaving LEO work. It was my BUG for duty G22 duty. Great handgun. For off duty CCW almost always carried with standard 9rd mag + a spare G22 mag.

In the past two months, I've transitioned to a new G30SF with standard 9rd mag (yes, all those rounds do fit) + a spare G21 mag.

They're both keepers, of course.

#83 ·
Been carrying my Glock 27 with the 13 round Glock mag with spacer and 1 in the chamber. Spare Glock mag is 15. Using the Galco Concealable holster which is comfortable and conceals well under my shirt here in Florida.

#84 ·
So the other night I ran into the Chief at a Christmas Party. I asked him if he carries off duty.

"As Chief, I am never off duty. If I am called in to a crime scene or fatal auto accident I MUST be in possession of my firearm and shield."

I gathered it was some sort of legal requirement.

He had his J-frame snubby on his ankle.
It's a job/policy requirement. My question would be "why wouldn't he".

#89 ·
I work as executive protection, I carry a 17L with a +2 base, 3-33 round mags and a 17 round mag. with 147gr +p+ gold dots, and my back up is my G23 with 2-22 round mags with 180gr Bonded golden sabres. Then in the trunk is 870 with high vis sigts and full of 3/4 oz. high velocity slugs, VA will not catch up with the times and make a patrol rifle cert. so i am stuck with a shotgun.

#90 ·
Nope. Still carrying the HK 45 and one spare mag.

However, I have been packing heavier in the sense of toying with carrying my Sig 220.

It weighs more than the HK 45!

:rofl:
I always bought a 220 at my LGS earlier this week. The thing is a brick. Loved it, but not sure if i'd carry it IWB. Definitely want to buy a sig though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.