close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anyone able to use the Glock loader?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by flw, Jan 17, 2013.

1. flw

flw

Apr 4, 2012
    I can never get the Glock supplied mag loader that came with my Glocks to work.

Its seems so lame, the plastic piece that is suppose to push the rounds down for the next one just bends.

Anyone ever able to get these to work. I'm getting a collection of them :rofl:

I've been using a Lula loader which works great.

I don't see why Glock would continue to supply a non-functional component forever.

2. tonyparson

tonyparson

Jan 20, 2008
    Dayton, TN.
  3. JohnnyTactical305

JohnnyTactical305

Jan 6, 2013
    Miami,Fl
    It works but kinda sucks. The one that came with my Walther PPQ is was more sturdy.

4. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
    They work just fine, ya just hafta be smarter than th.....er....check out my blog, there's an article there on how to use them....with pictures even. :)

<--Click on the little 10

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  5. dkf

dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    I don't use them. Of course I don't use any types of loaders. The money is better put to more mags and ammo IMO.

6. scrider

scrider

Dec 25, 2012
    I'm new to Glocks within the last 6 weeks or so and was going to start a thread on this very subject. I tried it and couldn't get a feel for the thing but will definitely check Butch's blog.

After 500 rounds or so the magazine I have been using seems to have loosened up a bit.

7. rdunk

rdunk

Dec 13, 2012
    Texas
    The UpLULA is a great and simple tool, for loading the magazines. I pretty much always use it for all of my loading.

The UpLULA is also sold on Amazon, and there, it has 1,303 reviews. And, of those reviews, 1,211 are "5" ratings, and 71 are "4" ratings. So, this a very highly rated magazine loading tool.

Oh, and, because the UpLULA works so well, I haven't even taken the time to check-out the Glock loader!! :)

Here is a YouTube video on the UpLULA - several out there.

(l[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1xVhfKXaMM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1xVhfKXaMM[/ame]ot of them there)

8. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Feb 13, 2001
    North-Central USA
  9. LuckyNemo

LuckyNemo

Dec 12, 2012
    I thought it was just me. ..... bought the one mentioned above. ..... works great.

10. mine works just fine, but prefer just using my thumb to push the rounds down.

11. scrider

scrider

Dec 25, 2012
  12. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr

Nov 14, 2010
    RFD NY Adks
    It took me a while to figure it out, but watching fellow shooters who use them, and a bit of practice, i got the hang of it:

With left hand (for right handers) gripping body of magazine, push Glock loader down on follower or top bullet with your thumb on top of mag.

With right hand, insert round into loader and magazine, and shove bullet down and against the front of the plunger in the loader. (right thumb should be pointing toward left with pad riding on top of case and bullet, pushing left.)

Then lift the loader enough to allow the base of the bullet to slide UNDER the plunger and into the magazine.

Then press down again with left thumb, making room for next round.

13. I threw 3 Glock reloaders in the trash... bought a LuLa and never looked back..

14. up1911fan

up1911fan

Mar 12, 2009
    Upper Michigan
    I can make them work, but much prefer my UPLULA.

15. Scrappy

Scrappy

Mar 4, 2001
    PA
  16. cciman

cciman

Jan 19, 2009
    SW Ohio
    They work great, until you buy a Uplula which works better.

Anyone who wants to throw them in the trash, let me know, I'll pay shipping for you to send them to me.

17. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KlahN4Ox8w"]How to load a Glock and use the speed loader for Beginners - YouTube[/ame]