Glock Talk banner

Anybody know?

835 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  revo 
#1 ·
Kept reading that one should fire a handgun with the fingertip only, or as little of the rest of the finger as possible. And pull STRAIGHT BACK. Avoid torque, avoid twisting the gun and therefore moving the point of aim.

Always felt funny to me to pull just with the tip of my finger, especially DA on a revolver. That does take pressure.

However, I forced myself to try doing it - fingertip only. And yes there is a definite improvement in hitting what I'm aiming at.

Makes me think that maybe there is a better way of designing a trigger - so that pulling straight back with the fingertip only is easier/more intuitive/more comfortable. What, a plunger? A fat rod that moves straight back? (I am aware that in very high-priced unlimited guns mechanical interface is eliminated completely and the shooter just touches a button that shoots the gun electrically - a interesting system if it could be made affordable.)

Hasn't anybody, in the history of guns, designed a feasible trigger which is less susceptible to torqueing ?

#3 ·
Originally posted by antediluvianist
Always felt funny to me to pull just with the tip of my finger, especially DA on a revolver. That does take pressure.
However, I forced myself to try doing it - fingertip only. And yes there is a definite improvement in hitting what I'm aiming at.
Not recommended for double action revolver shooting, sir ante. What they do recommend though, is to use the first distal interphalangeal crease from the tip of the trigger finger to obtain more leverage when you pull the revolver's trigger double action. Some shooters also recommend this for Glock guns.:)

But then again, to each his own. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.