close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anybody here going to the OpenCarry.org Tidewater-area May dinner?

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by Kevin108, May 2, 2007.

1. Gregw/aGlock

Gregw/aGlock NRA Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Virginia Beach
    I'd be interested if I'm in town....but, honestly, I've not been on that site for a while so don't know the specifics (when & where)...

2. Gregw/aGlock

Gregw/aGlock NRA Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Virginia Beach
    Just checked the thread -- I'm out of town that week...:sad:

3. Gunfixr

Gunfixr

Oct 9, 2006
    East Coast
    Is this open to anybody? Can I go or do I have to be a member of something? If so when is it and where?

4. Kevin108

Kevin108 HADOKEN!

Mar 2, 2005
    Virginia Beach, VA
    It's just a bunch of people open carrying to dinner. I think anybody can go but I would post to sort of RSVP within the thread there so they know how many to try and reserve for.

I met DesertDoc a few weeks ago. He was my bartender at Crapplebees and he was showing a regular a picture of his new gun. Of course we got to talking and he bought me a shot and gave me a card. I'm anxious to go meet some more of the locals. Register and go check out the other site. Seems like a good bunch of people over there!

5. Gunfixr

Gunfixr

Oct 9, 2006
    East Coast
    I went over to the other site and registered and asked about it. We'll see what happens. I figure any gathering of fellow shoters is a good thing, and any excuse to eat out.

6. Kevin108

Kevin108 HADOKEN!

Mar 2, 2005
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Where abouts are you from? I'm in Portsmouth myself.

7. Gunfixr

Gunfixr

Oct 9, 2006
    East Coast
    I'm over in Hampton. Down by the airbase.

8. Gunfixr

Gunfixr

Oct 9, 2006
    East Coast
    Well, I haven't brought it up with the wife yet, but I don't have to twist her arm to go out.

9. Kevin108

Kevin108 HADOKEN!

Mar 2, 2005
    Virginia Beach, VA
    My girlfriend doesn't like guns so I didn't really say anything about it until last night and she was like, "Why didn't you let me know earlier so I could get off work and go with you!?"

I said, "Well, everybody is going to have a gun on their hip. I didn't think you'd want to go."

Boy was I wrong! I swear, it won't be long before I'm buying her one of her own.

10. Gunfixr

Gunfixr

Oct 9, 2006
    East Coast
    Mine started out not liking guns and now she has several of her own and I have to be careful of what I bring home or she will try to take it.

11. Kevin108

Kevin108 HADOKEN!

Mar 2, 2005
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Sorry I didn't make it. I didn't realize at how many other things I had going on the same weekend. It took every bit of free time I had to get squared away for my sister's birthday and a get-together we had going on that Saturday. Once again, I plan for next month!

12. Gunfixr

Gunfixr

Oct 9, 2006
    East Coast