Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

anybody heard of estate ammo 9mm?

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by MSims, Feb 7, 2013.

1. MSims

Jun 19, 2012
    I heard it was made By federal and its good range ammo... wanna buy to shoot my block since ammo is scarce here
  2. jdw174

Oct 31, 2012
    West Tennessee
    I've read good and so-so reports on estate. You might google "estate 9mm ammo reviews" and see what you come up with. Never shot any of it myself.

3. Supermag1

Jan 22, 2013
    I don't know about the metallic cartridges but I remember when their shotshells were real cheap. I knew a couple of guys that tried them for trap practice and it's the only factory loaded brand that I saw a misfire with (no powder so the wad stuck in the barrel).
  4. I think it's fine. Just every day average plinking/practice ammo.
  5. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    It is made in Eastern Europe?
  6. Merkavaboy

Merkavaboy Code-7A KUZ769

Estate is a brand name that is now owned by ATK. The Estate handgn ammo is just Federal Champion ammo in a new box.
  7. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I had some Estate shot shells in .410 for use in my Taurus "Judge". (Yes, I own one! :whistling:) They were garbage!!! The brass collar swelled up and jammed the gun ON EVERY ROUND! A friend tried a couple in his single-shot .410 shotgun and same thing. I don't know about their pistol ammo, but I think I'd pass. And I believe it said the shot shells were made in Mexico.
  8. diode

Jan 13, 2004
    The last I heard was Estate was made by Tula and repackaged. Steel cased 9mm is OK for Glocks but maybe not so good for other brands. jb
  9. Merkavaboy

Merkavaboy Code-7A KUZ769

And just where did you "hear" this rumor? Any pictures to varify this? All photos of the Estate handgun ammo I've seen all show brass cased ammo with Federal (F C) headstamps.

There's absolutely no reason for ATK to purchase ANY Russian made ammo to repackage it under an ATK product name.
  10. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    I've seen a few different brands of low brass shells that will jam the Judge. High brass doesn't present an issue.

The 9mm Estate stuff ran well enough in my Sterling Carbine and also in the Mauser Luger pistol.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  11. MSims

Jun 19, 2012
    We can lay this to rest... It is done by federal and is the same as the champion model in a different package...
  12. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

May 21, 2011
    North-Central Florida
    I bought a couple of boxes of 9mm at a gun show. It was cheap but I hadn't heard of it so I didn't want to stock up.

I fired half through my G17 and the other half through my G26. There were no malfunctions.

I don't know how the empty cases looked because I just swept them up and left them in a bucket at the range.

If I see them at a good price, I'll stock up the next time.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  13. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    Sounds good. My Glock is a G17.