close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anybody have the new Caprice's yet?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Hollywood D, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Hollywood D

Hollywood D
    Expand Collapse

We're supposed to get ours in November, 30 of them. SUPPOSED to, I say. Hopefully we do because our crown vics are literally falling apart. We don't have any in my district with under 95k miles. 120k+ is the norm.

So, anybody have one yet and have anything to say about them?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Mattz

Mattz
    Expand Collapse

They look awesome... I'm jealous. We're getting another round of Crown Vics... ugh

3. DaBigBR

DaBigBR
    Expand Collapse
    No Infidels!

I believe NoGlamour229's part time cop job just got one...I haven't seen it yet myself.

4. toddmog

toddmog
    Expand Collapse

We ordered three in June...so we thought. Called last month to get an update and the dealership never placed the order. Sheriff wasn't happy. We are going with chargers now. Since it's so late in the year now we might get 6. The dealer is supposed to be giving 2011 pricing on the ones we would be ordering for 2012. We shall see what happens. All I know is we have 3 stripped down CVPI's sitting in the lot waiting to be replaced.

5. HotRoderX

HotRoderX
    Expand Collapse
    Gen4 BETATester

Not a police officer but I have seen some around town. I don't know what agency they where with but they looked slick. We have several different agency that come around my area Including some Government agency.

6. dano1427

dano1427
    Expand Collapse

My dept is looking at them, but are concerned about the unibody and reliability. The Tahoes we have are in for service more than they're in the field.

7. rookie1

rookie1
    Expand Collapse

We have 3 CV's sitting in stand by until 3 cars reach the end of their life, then we managed to wrangle up another 3 or 4 more CV's somewhere and are awaiting their arrival. After that, I don't think anyone has a clue what were doing. We have 2 tahoes, one supervisor and one patrol. A select few like them but a majority of folks don't like it. I wont drive it. I guess someone behind a desk will just buy something when the CV's are all used up and go with it without any officer input. Happens most the time and everyone is disappointed.

8. BlackPaladin

BlackPaladin
    Expand Collapse

I have one as of last Friday afternoon. I was able to get a B&W as requested but denied on a slicktop. It has a factory navigation system and in dash DVD.....not sure why, but not complaining either. I am griping because I really was hoping for a 4x4 SUV as MN winters take their tolls on 2wd cars. I will post pictures when it gets back from outfitting.

9. Roadkill_751

Roadkill_751
    Expand Collapse
    5 or 6 rounds?

Our command staff has the detective package cars. The Sheriff's has already been in the shop twice. One for the radiator hose falling off and something else.
    The cars are made in the land down under, so it is hard to get parts for them.

Our fifteen marked cars are allegedly in and being painted.

Good luck if you ever get them as we were suppose to take delivery back in June or July.

10. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me
    Expand Collapse
    Semper Paratus

YUP we have 6 admin cars for about 3 months and now the black and whites are rolling in...

11. scottydl

scottydl
    Expand Collapse

We'll be sticking with Chevy, so Impala's are coming eventually. I thought we were getting them now, but the 6 new squads that just arrived are 2011 Impala's. Rumor is 6 more replacements soon, so I'm assuming those will be Caprice's.

12. siblueg

siblueg
    Expand Collapse
    Gray Area

We got 2 about a month ago, but have yet to be equipped or marked. They are alot better than the new interceptors coming out. I have had the chance to drive both the caprice and the new interceptor on closed courses and the caprice is definetly the winner in all categories

#12 siblueg, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  13. Hollywood D

Hollywood D
    Expand Collapse

Supposed to get them in June and still waiting? That doesn't make me happy. Seriously, our cars barely run anymore. One has a wicked exhaust leak and sounds like a tractor from the '70s going down the road.

14. BlackPaladin

BlackPaladin
    Expand Collapse

So the race is on then for the first CT member issued Caprice picture. If its not "yours" it does not count.

15. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121
    Expand Collapse
    BOOSH

Take home, assigned, or pool car?

16. Milltown

Milltown
    Expand Collapse

As long as you patrol with it on a regular basis.

17. BlackPaladin

BlackPaladin
    Expand Collapse

That seems fair

18. collim1

collim1
    Expand Collapse
    Shower Time!

We have one that we are T&E'ing right now. I haven't tried it out personally, but it looks sharp.

My CVPI is on its last leg, I have been in her over three years now.

19. PuroMexicano

PuroMexicano
    Expand Collapse
    VIVA MEXICO !!!

I lost 35 seconds of my life and haven't seen any pics yet :supergrin:

20. tercel89

tercel89
    Expand Collapse

I just wish our Dept. would WISE up and get some RELIABLE cars like a Toyota or Honda . These American cars just dont cut it. They over heat , break down and burn oil like a 2-stroke.
    We dont carry American guns , so why should we drive American cars ?
    I am a part-time mechanic and tell my other officers this and they laugh , but at the same time , we have had 4 brand new Impalas that overheated and ruptured their head gaskets .
    The Crown Vics suck . Ford has made them well over 20 yrs and they still cant get it right .
    I say buy Japanese .

#20 tercel89, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011