Glock Talk banner

Anybody have the glock sport combat holster?

31K views 63 replies 47 participants last post by  par4buffett 
#1 ·
If you do how do you like it??? I ordered one last night.

#2 ·
I think it's one of the best holsters I've ever had. It holds the pistol high & tight, it has good retention, and it's very comfortable.

When you get it, you'll notice it seems to drag a bit, or even seem too tight. Just spray the inside of the holster with plain (no additives like teflon,etc) silicone spray. You want to wet the entire inside of the holster. Then, using a paper towel or rag, remove all of the liquid. The inside of the holster should be bone dry when you're finished. You will be shocked at the difference now when you insert your Glock.

#3 ·
I like mine just fine; use it a lot. But I needed IWB, so I used a scissors to trim it up a bit, and then had my shoe-repair guy sew on a snap and loop. I use this one a lot. I mean, it really does a good job.
And sorry I didn't really comment on the holster in question. I can't use OWB very easily here, since I'm always in shorts and a t-shirt.

#64 ·
I like mine just fine; use it a lot. But I needed IWB, so I used a scissors to trim it up a bit, and then had my shoe-repair guy sew on a snap and loop. I use this one a lot. I mean, it really does a good job.
And sorry I didn't really comment on the holster in question. I can't use OWB very easily here, since I'm always in shorts and a t-shirt.

If you like this style, check out the PHLster skeleton holster. It's my edc for my 23&27.

#4 ·

Wow. That is awesome. Does that strap rotate at all? Is the holster stable?

To the OP. The Glock sport/combat holster is a sleeper. I thought that they were garbage for years because of how little they cost. Boy, was I wrong. Worth every penny of the $15 I spent on it. As mentioned, good ride height, pulls close to the body and good retention.

#5 ·
I think it's one of the best holsters I've ever had. It holds the pistol high & tight, it has good retention, and it's very comfortable.

When you get it, you'll notice it seems to drag a bit, or even seem too tight. Just spray the inside of the holster with plain (no additives like teflon,etc) silicone spray. You want to wet the entire inside of the holster. Then, using a paper towel or rag, remove all of the liquid. The inside of the holster should be bone dry when you're finished. You will be shocked at the difference now when you insert your Glock.
Sweet!!!! I paid 12.97 plus shipping from ctd and it's the cheapest owb holster I've found, can't wait to get it!!

#7 ·
I have 4 of them. Three for the 19 and 26 trimmed to fit different belts and one to fit the G29.

It is just about all I use. Great holster. I have a DeSantis Nemesis that I use for pocket carry with the 26.

#8 ·
It's probably the tightest OWB holster you can get. I have yet to actually use it outside the house but it makes a great backup. I also like that it's ambi so if the need ever arose to carry two Glocks I could use that on my weak side.

I wish it covered all of the muzzle though.

#11 ·
I wish it covered all of the muzzle though.
Although I've said that too, I've been using the sport/combat holsters for over twenty years. They are quite functional and well worth the cost.

Here's my first one, it got used a lot, and still could be used:

Retention is internal:

#18 ·
LOVE the Sport/Combat holster. I do have shooters that come up and ask me about it and they about soil themselves when they find out how much they cost. I've used mine for over a year primarily as my IDPA gun so it gets holstered/unholstered a lot during a match and it has worked flawlessly. A nice little secret about the S/C holster is the larger size (for the 20/21) will still hold and carry the standard sized Glock models (17,19,22,23, etc) with great retention and the draws are dead on fast, too. I shoot 2 guns sometime in IDPA and it's nice to be able to switch guns and not have to swap holsters out, too. They are worth twice what I've paid for them; I think only one individual here has had any negative experience with them so that says a lot.

#26 ·
I am a HUGE fan of them. I carry my 26 in it all the time as a CCW rig. Also my 17 has been tucked away in it once and a while during the winter. Can't go wrong. Use a proper belt and you are good to go. --Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.