Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Anybody else like "detailing" your weapons/accessories?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by DaBurna, Jun 27, 2012.

1. DaBurna

Jun 8, 2008
    Bama Boy
    I do!! It's just a fun time getting that "just right look" and the sense of accomplishment after you're done..

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  2. snatiep

Dec 23, 2011
    I like it too.......get up Saturday morning, make a pot of coffee, set up the table in the garage, turn on some talk radio, get out the guns.

Sounds like a great Saturday morning to me! (Unless I go shooting instead!)

3. Agonizer

Agonizer .

Feb 3, 2007
    I also like doing that and I have done the white lettering on all my Glocks. There are those who will bash you for doing it, because they don't understand.
  4. No, just clean and done no real detailing..just making sure they are clean.

This said though i wont bash someone for liking to have a nice looking weapon also...I do however when/if possible like to modify my weapons to make them more mine. Some guns like my SR9c...not a lot to be done..its pretty much good to go as is. Then its the opposite with my AK74...I love the base platform and its rugged reliability..but stuff like the sights and accessory mounting options are not there (meaning good) for me stock so i tend to want to modify it...not a ton of tacticool stuff...just enough to make it work better for grip, a optic of some sort to replace crappy stock AK sights..maybe a single rail fore end to mount my Streamlight Strion on thats about it.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  5. ArmoryDoc

May 14, 2006
    Not me. Shoot 'em, clean 'em, grease/oil 'em and repeat cycle. Any detailing I do is to affect function, not form.
  6. Metal Angel

Metal Angel

Oct 20, 2010
    I get in the mood sometimes. It's fun to detail strip a Glock and get any junk out of the striker channel and down in the trigger group. But I don't do it often.
  7. I think ithey look good. They're all yours to do what you want to them. You'll get no flamin' from old Vetter!
  8. Billy10mm

Jun 27, 2008
    Hartsdale, NY
    There is a direct inverse correlation to the amount of time someone spends shooting and the amount of time someone spends cleaning/admiring. Those who shoot, and shoot often (more than once per week in my experience), tend not to care very much at all about how "pretty" their weapon is.
  9. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Build the Wall

I do not.

No time for that, having kids is a full-time job in itself, not to mention having a job. It looks nice though....I do like it.

10. ftw13

Sep 12, 2009
    Fort Worth,TX
    cleaning weapons is my zen meditation
  11. blastfact

Aug 15, 2011
    I make all of mine,,, mine. Be it looks, function or both. I don't trade or resell. So I make them mine and enjoy. :)
  12. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

Nothing wrong with adding the white paint to existing lettering. Whatever works for you. I've seen Molon Labe, and 2nd Amendment inscriptions, among other things.....that's ok, too.....

I've also seen things like flames and Punisher skulls added to carry guns........these types of things are a very huge mistake, in my opinion. Can you imagine your Punisher gun being put into evidence in some court case?........bad news!

Race guns, and others not intended for defensive purposes, are a whole nuther ball game, though........:supergrin:......whatever turns you on here, is A-OK!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  13. Scamp

Scamp Geaux Tigers!

May 10, 2009
    I hate cleaning guns, it's more of a chore for me than fun thats for sure!
    Every gun I own looks brand new, I clean and clean until I am happy, then put them up, but I hate it!

Now my bike, I could polish it all day! :supergrin:
  14. K. Foster

K. Foster

Feb 19, 2002
    I don’t knock people for doing it but I don’t do it. To me, guns are tools. I’m to busy shooting to paint them up all neat and pretty.
    DaBurna, your stuff does look nice though.