Glock Talk banner

Anybody else here hit some caffeine before their workout?

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  mossy500camo 
#1 ·
I am taking part in an MDS medical study right now. One of the restrictions is that you can't take caffeine within 48 hours of the study. It is for four weekends. I usually take a caffeine pill before every workout. I had to skip it yesterday (since I am here at the study right now). I just have a harder timed getting pumped about the workout. Anybody else here use caffeine or another stimulant before their workouts?

#2 ·
i used to take 25mgs of ephedrine..then it turned into 50, then 75, then 100...all of a sudden i was poppin 8-10 tabs at a time to get an effect...that was back when i first started training and didnt know any better...now i know to take stimulants for no more then two weeks at a time and then a few weeks off....

#4 ·
I have one cup of coffee a day. On max effort days (Monday bench, Tuesday squat/deadlift), I have it about half an hour befor the workout begins. That is the only caffeine I have, so it gives a boost.

#5 ·
Originally posted by testosterone
i used to take 25mgs of ephedrine..then it turned into 50, then 75, then 100...all of a sudden i was poppin 8-10 tabs at a time to get an effect...that was back when i first started training and didnt know any better...now i know to take stimulants for no more then two weeks at a time and then a few weeks off....
Ephedrine was the greatest. I had my best workouts when I was using Ripped Fuel. Two before a workout and I was guaranteed to have a great workout, not matter what condition I was in before the workout. Too bad it's banned now.:(

#6 ·
Originally posted by Glock13
Ephedrine was the greatest. I had my best workouts when I was using Ripped Fuel. Two before a workout and I was guaranteed to have a great workout, not matter what condition I was in before the workout. Too bad it's banned now.:(
I still can't believe that happened. I figured the supplement lobby was powerful enough to keep that from happening. I guess not. A few rotten apples spoil it for the whole bunch.

#8 ·
Originally posted by Glock13
i stocked up before they took it off the shelf...but its still able to be found...any truck stop will have it...ephedrine hcl mixed with gluffasin (sp) which is an expedorant (sp)....sold as a brochial medication that helps to cough up phlem...doesnt impact the effects of the ephedrine at all..and its legal....its not sold as a diet supplement but as a bronchial aid so its legal, for now

#9 ·
Ripped Fuel was the greatest. Its really too bad Congressional busybodies feel compelled to fake like they're doing something. Same thing w/ the non-issue of steroid use in baseball.

Nowadays I use a double shot of espresso and VPX Redline.

Test, thanks for the heads up on DPS. They are much lower than the other places I've been buying from. (from the other thread)

#11 ·
You can still get ephedrine with an exporant. The beta 1 and beta 2 receptors quickly build a tolerance to the higher levels of noradrenaline acting upon them. Pseudoephedrine, which you can still get pure, has a greater effect as a beta-2 agonist and a lesser effect as a beta-1 agonist. But they all trigger the release of noradrenaline which hits all beta receptors.

Stimulants are good, just watch your heart rate and blood pressure-- they can get high if you're taking a lot and working out. High doses of stimulants can be fatal.

#12 ·
i need to start working out again. long story short, i broke my hand almost 2 years ago and have been slacking since.

i still got some of the old skool Ripped Fuel - w00t!

i used to take 1 before working out if i felt like crap and really didn't feel like going to the gym. if i took 2, my hands would shake really bad and i would stutter big time when i tried to talk. whew!

i drink 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning and usually a couple cans of soda throughout the day. yeah, i need to give up my addictions too...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.