close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anybody else find the grip texture on the Gen 4's objectionable?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jdw174, Feb 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. iflyem1

iflyem1 Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Illinois
    I find the gen 4 grip better than the gen 3. Gen 3 was to slippery in my opinion.

2. TheGlockTalker

TheGlockTalker

Jul 28, 2012
    Only the back strap on my 26 Gen 4 was annoying to me. The rest are fine.
    All I did was to get some 220 sand paper and sand some of the texture down.
    Now it feels superb.
    Easy fix.

3. cfrye11

cfrye11

Nov 19, 2012
    Do not get the talon granulated grip ( sand paper) style if you plan to CCW . Way to much grip. Stuck to all my cloths and felt like it was ripping skin off if it hit bare skin.

molan labe

4. ninjag19

ninjag19

Jan 21, 2013
    I find the texture on my G19gen4 to be fine! It seems that whatever the feel or texture of any gun, there could be criticizism from some direction. In any case, after using rubber slip-ons on other pistols, I have one on my Glock also! lol I prefer the thinner, stretch on type since they don't add too much thickness to the grip.

5. Yes, I find it objectionable. Therefore I only buy and shoot Gen 3s or older. My only Gen4 is a still unfired G17 25th anniversary model.

6. cbogma

cbogma Lifetime Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Western MA
    I have been very happy with the Gen4 over the Gen3. Noticed it more outside on a hot day, the Gen4 gave a better grip and control. Down to only one gen3, and that one has a future home with someone I shoot IDPA with. Then it will be all Gen4 in the family!:wow:

7. AR15 guy

AR15 guy

Feb 26, 2005
    WV
    I love the gen 4 texture, but I think it would be too abrasive for IWB carry.

8. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

May 23, 2010
    NJ
    Nope, I like it. As a combat handgun, I found the grip on the gen 3s too slippery when my hands where sweaty.

9. spcwes

spcwes

Feb 22, 2005
    Texas
    The texture is fine but inconsistent. I have a Glock 23 Gen 4 that was great out of the box. The Glock 22 I have and most of the first batch we had shipped required sanding to be tolerable. It was bad enough that shooters that enjoy just getting to pull the trigger called early days on the range. After a bit of 500grit sandpaper and some scotch sponges they are fine. Also if you were wondering you can't visibly see that it has been sanded but man you can feel it.

Doing this gives you better grip texture over the Gen 3 (which was fine in my opinion) but smoothed it out making it MUCH more comfortable in prolonged shoots.

10. firstg19

firstg19

Apr 4, 2008
    i prefer the gen4 for range shooting, but for ccw the gen3's have the better grip if you are not wearing a shirt between the gun and your body.

11. Vincent Black

Vincent Black Need a cup?

Aug 15, 2004
    On the road to nowhere
    This.

12. TTex

TTex Cannon Fodder

Jul 12, 2011
    Louisiana
    Louisiana = hot and sweaty so I like the Gen4 grip better. It can wear on you IWB, but in general I still prefer the new texture.

13. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr

Nov 14, 2010
    RFD NY Adks
    Yeah, I did.... On my Gen4 G27 after shooting a hundred rounds of 22LR from my ISSC M22.

What I did? Nothing till next time, when I shot a couple boxes of .40 FIRST, and then picked up the .22. :fred:

It's all relative!

14. The Gemini

The Gemini

Nov 9, 2010
    I much prefer the Gen 4 grip texture over all the previous GLOCK designs.

II

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

15. Filhar

Filhar

Jul 22, 2007
    So Wi
    Which is more important? Getting your hands chapped from a long range session or gripping the gun well in the rain with a bad guy in front of you. Get a holster that keeps the gun away from your skin and live with it.

16. ET.

ET.

Jan 11, 2010
    Bought my first Gen 4, it is a G23. I went to the range and shot 96 rounds through my 24 round Glock mag. Shooting that many rounds that fast made me go to Bass Pro and pick up a Pachmayr grip. Now I love it.

17. The Wolverine

The Wolverine

Sep 3, 2012
    Love the Gen4 grip, but my side did not. Wearing it all day in a IWB rig without a under shirt, it would irritate my side by the end of the day.

30 seconds with some 220 grit sand paper on the left side of the grip, problem solved. Still has plenty of grip. just not as sharp, and it does not look any different from the right side.