Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Anybody carry a small 9mm OWB under a t-shirt?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by FLglockdude, Jul 5, 2012.

1. I have a Kahr CM9 that is my daily carry. I have been strickly pocket carrying, but I am looking for other options for when clothing doesn't allow pocket carry.

I was wondering if anybody has been successful carrying that size gun in a Raven Concealment style or leather holster that hugs tight to the body and of so what model holster? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  2. ReyFufuRulesAll

ReyFufuRulesAll Pantless Wonder

Oct 30, 2006
    Crappleton, Wisconsin
    I wouldn't go OWB under just a t-shirt; too high a chance of the shirt riding up and turning CC into OC. You can always go IWB, though. I like the Bianchi Professional for my PPK - comfy enough to wear all day, but easy enought to put on and take off if you need to for whatever reason. Price isnt too bad, either. Not sure if they make one for your Kahr though.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012

3. ReyFufuRulesAll

ReyFufuRulesAll Pantless Wonder

Oct 30, 2006
    Crappleton, Wisconsin
    The 9a, for the Kel-Tec p-11, apparently fits just right for the CW9, and its listed as a suggestion for the CM9. From what I can tell, it looks like the W is the same as the M, but with a shightly longer slide and grip. I see no reason that it wouldn't work just as well
  4. Sgt.K

Sgt.K They Just Work!

Jan 11, 2000
    Kentucky, USA
    I'm looking for an OWB for my PM9. I carry my G26 OWB in Glock holster under one of the Starter moisture wicking T's without any problem. PJ Holsters are highly recommended at Kahr Talk. I'm considering this Yagui Slide Style though I would prefer a kydex. Here is a fellow Glock Talker, EDC Holsters that I am also considering. Right now I'm using a nylon type ankle and have a Remora IWB. Mainly the price is holding me back I would like to spend around $25 or so. I'm not in a rush though because I only carry the PM9 on a very limited basis and OWB is really not an option as it must be completely undetectable. I'm interested in your selection. HTH.
  5. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

G19 or G26 under a t-shirt though I usually carry iwb. Get t-shirts that are made of heavy weight material, not the flimsy stuff.

Happyguy :)
  6. failsafe

Oct 25, 2003
    I carry my KelTec PF9 OWB, while wearing Swim Trunks and a tank top..
    I use a JS Holsters, Kydex Paddle...The belt used is a "inner liner" nylon belt, with adjustable velcro...No need for belt loops, just "cinch" up the belt, clip on the paddle, add the PF9 and go..
  7. flieger67

Jan 21, 2010
    Central OH
    Kahr PM9 in a Blackhawk Check Six. I'm 5'10" and just under 150 lbs. With an untucked shirt, you can't tell I'm carrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
  8. I use a DeSantis Speed Scabbard that is actually listed to fit the Kahr P9. It has all the attributes you mentioned.
  9. G26AZ

Aug 16, 2001
  10. rvrctyrngr

rvrctyrngr Senior Moment

Sep 15, 2004
    Gator Nation
    Heck, I carry a full-size 9mm (FNS-9) OWB under a Polo shirt (never wear just a t-shirt).

No issues.
  11. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    I do daily. Sig P239 in a Don Hume H721 OWB.

It doesn't disappear but is concealed well. If anything it looks like a I-Phone under your shirt.

Your body shape plays a big role with concealing OWB. You also cant wear tight shirts. A polo shirt with a little thicker material breaks up the outline even better.

Some people just cant do it or aren't comfortable with a little bit of printing. The printing is MUCH more obvious to you than to the people around you. Dont worry about, no one is going to notice. OWB is so much more comfortable.

I can and do carry my P226 OWB in A Don Hume H721 under a polo or Tshirt. Try some different holsters and cants until you find the one that works for you.

It doesn't bother me, and I hate IWB carry.
  12. I normally carry a P45 OWB under a cover shirt or jacket. When I am carrying under a T shirt only, I have a CM9 in an IWB N82 Tactical holster. This hides very well and is very comfortable.
  13. RightGlock1

Feb 12, 2010
    What Collim1 said. You can't conceal well with tight shirts.
    I too hate IWB carry. I only do it if wearing a suit. Sig 238 disappears. (I want a 938 really bad!)

I make my own Kydex holsters. I alternate between 3 carry guns; I carry at 2:00-2:30 position. A Kimber Pro Carry II, Glock 27, CZ P07 9mm. I can conceal any of the 3 comfortably. Usually Arrow Traveller shirts or Arrow Vintage look shirts, square cut.
    I don't do t-shirts often. When I do, I go to my Sig 238 (I made a small coyote brown holster that hugs really well). I can conceal it and all else pretty easily.
  14. 2@low8

Sep 18, 2009
    This, with a Sig P238. I don't wear tight fitting t-shirts (MWAG would be the least of my worries). Never had an issue with it hanging up but I don't really care if it does either.
  15. cloudbuster

Mar 17, 2005
    I frequently carry a G26 in a FIST K2 -- OWB thin kydex high-rise pancake. Works very well. Much more comfortable for me than IWB carry. Don't have to buy my trousers too big!
  16. or226

Aug 23, 2010
    I OWB my Sig 239 and H&K USPc .45 all the time with just a T shirt in a Galco concealment holster.
  17. I carry my Kahr PM9 in a PJ Holster (kydex IWB) every day and never even know it is there. I usually wear t-shirt and cargo shorts during the summer and have no problem concealing the gun. I looked into the Duluth t-shirts but felt they were a little too big and loose. I wear Eddie Bauer now and have no problem. I am 5'10" and 220. The fat hides the
  18. dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    I OWB carry a G32 under a thin button down shirt on an almost daily basis. Its not that long and the bottom of the shirt is about even with the bottom of the holster with my arms down. Since OC is legal in my state I don't worry about it if the gun shows.
  19. RYNOCG201

Nov 29, 2009
    I've been carrying my G23 OWB in a zero concealment systems holster under baggy t shirts and some golf polos from target. No issues and very comfortable.

Attached Files:

20. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    Glock 26 in a OWB belt slide TB holster under a t-shirt weekends. I usually do not wear t-shirts during the week but yesterday I wore a red one with the flag over my USP in a belt holster.