close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anybody Blog?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by NashvilleGlock, Jan 24, 2012.

1. NashvilleGlock

NashvilleGlock EMT-Paramedic CLM

So does anybody do any blogging? I just started one and feel like I'm a decade behind the times. Mostly for family to keep up with what we are doing, since we change things so often :wavey:

Facebook was ok, however there is just too much involved for many people in my family. My Grandparents were on it for a while and my Grandma freaked out when some what she thought was personal information popped up. Plus all the friends that said "I'd love to know what you're up too, but I don't do Facebook" I figured it was just easier doing this than getting them to give in to FB.

So GT lets see some of those blogs, anything interesting? I'd love to see some of the survivalist, gun, gardening, etc blogs some of you guys have.

http://youngfamilyadventure.blogspot.com is ours, it was setup last night so it's a little rough.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  2. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

I have one blog that only stores pictures, another for chronicling the adventures of my saltwater tank (mostly just so I can keep track of it long-term), and my GF has one to keep family up to speed with our doings.

3. sombunya

sombunya I Like To Watch

I started one but then decided to just get my own website instead.

It's costing me about $80 a year for the domain name and about 15 gigs of storage.

Building it is the tough part, but putting together a not-too-snazzy site can be learned, I hoping. I have a pal helping me out.

4. NashvilleGlock

Yeah I'm not technical enough to do the whole my own website thing.. The last time I built a website it was with Frontpage at LEAST 10 years ago.

NeverMore1701 I'd love to see the site, I've always wanted a saltwater tank..If all goes according to plan we will have a HUGE one soon LOL (Ocean)

5. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

Nice job on the blog,I now remember your boat post.
    I'm also a NOT Facebook type for a few reasons.
    I'll keep a eye on it.

6. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Don't get too excited, it's nothing special :rofl:

The Arid Sea

It's a little 12 gallon nano tank, when time and funds allow I'm going to do something in the 180 gallon range.

7. treeline

treeline

These days there are so many templates and ready-made features that you need no technical skill. Most hosts have dozens of templates and simple tools to manage your photos, videos and so on.

The downside is that you pay for hosting. When you're unfamilair with the online tools it's easy to make a change and not remember how to change things back.

You're blog looks good and there's no point in making a site you don't need. Still, if you ever want your own site for displaying photos or whatever, don't be put off.

8. dotsun

dotsun Shark Stomper

9. NashvilleGlock

NeverMore: Those are some wicked colors you've got in that nano.. I've always thought the nano reefs were far cooler than just fish, yet so much more delicate. Hell the lighting alone for corals is a ton of info..

dotsun: The creek crossing video had my butt puckered up a little lol..

I can't believe with as much time as I've spent on the internet that blogging is like some revelation to me lol.. The year 1999 called,,,,,,

10. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

You got some wicked cool lookin stuff in da tank:wavey:

I actually have been blogging for a while.
    It's about fishin for SteelHead,spey casting,competitive spey casting and the cat.
    http://longbellycaster.blogspot.com/

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  11. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Been blogging for a couple of years now...

The Seeber Consulting Blog

It's a Wordpress blog, and with Wordpress 3.X things are going quite nicely! Some great *free* themes to choose from, the traffic reporting is improving, the widgets and mobile options are really coming along too!

Grab a copy of "Internet Safety Tips - The Essentials" if you like... I really don't spam my list at all, but may setup some bulk purchases in the near future when finances are better...

Lots of good technology articles - Recovery is my 'passion'... so I always hope it helps someone get less 'critical events' on their Windows systems.

The other place I blog is Tucson Home Workers. I am tired of *griping* about the economy and I am sure that this will help setup some Home Businesses. The fellow I am working with is a Joomla wizard, and the site is just now 'maturing' as we add more content.

The one big deal is to leave comments when you can... it really helps to get the word out believe it or not!

That's my life! :cool:

Who's Next! I got to go check out YOUR Blogs! and hang some comments out there... :supergrin:

Patrick

12. dotsun

dotsun Shark Stomper

Haha, mine too. You should've been in the Jeep. :faint:

13. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

When I have time I update an off grid living blog... but I rarely have time to do it right.

14. NashvilleGlock

Glock20 I'd actually like to give that a read if you've got a link.

15. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

I don't have much up right now... but here tis'

http://mcdianpower.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-beginning-we-had-idea.html

I haven't really updated it... been too busy building the house, clearing the trees knocked down, having a baby (well my woman had the baby...) but I will get back at it soon!

16. NashvilleGlock

Ok I have some off the grid power issues I'm trying to figure out for my boat and that just intimidated the hell out of me lol.. When you get a chance to put more up I'm following..

17. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

I know the feeling! Are you running a 12V or 24V system?

18. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

No, I don't blog, my life is too boring for anyone else to want to read.

19. NashvilleGlock

I'm assuming we are keeping everything 12v since that's how everything is wired. Right now it's just lights off 2 deep cycle batteries but I'd like to get enough of a system and enough solar to to keep me topped off a bit.

I'm going to have 1 battery for engine starting only, then 2 deep cycles to provide lights and things like a coffee maker etc while out. It's a lot to learn and for some reason I just don't grasp electronic info.

20. spritefiend

spritefiend

I definitely should.. I post a lot of stuff to facebook, and sometimes it rubs people the wrong way.. Mostly because I'm posting so much stuff and I'm heavily opinionated :rofl: