close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anybody around the Chicagoland Area?

Discussion in 'Illinois Glockers' Club' started by Rys2k8Altima, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Rys2k8Altima

Rys2k8Altima

Nov 30, 2009
    Yorkville, IL
    Is there anybody here around the Chicagoland area? Mainly Western Suburbs?

2. Protrepo

Protrepo

Sep 5, 2005
    I shoot at J.R.'s in Aurora. Haven't been in a couple of months (busy with work). Been wanting to try MegaSports in Plainfield.

How about you?

3. Rys2k8Altima

Rys2k8Altima

Nov 30, 2009
    Yorkville, IL
    Mega sports. Havnt been to jr's yet. I like the people at mega sports

4. volsbear

volsbear IWannaBeSedated Lifetime Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Illinois
    Mega Sports is ridiculously expensive to shoot. I shoot at Rink's in Lockport... $8.

5. Rys2k8Altima

Rys2k8Altima

Nov 30, 2009
    Yorkville, IL
    Its like 17 dollars, which i guess is 50 rounds, but its 10 min from my house

6. JoleBole

JoleBole Mr.Glock

Mar 14, 2009
    Illinois
    One more for Rink's. I go there every week. Cheapest range, ammo and guns.

7. Rys2k8Altima

Rys2k8Altima

Nov 30, 2009
    Yorkville, IL
    Ill have to try Rinks soon! One good thing came out of my last Mega Sports visit. They had a used 10/22 for sale, so I bought it

8. volsbear

Nov 8, 2007
    Illinois
    Just FYI - Rink's is not MegaSports. It's a good old fashioned range. Poor lighting, questionable HVAC, and black lung :rofl:

9. Rys2k8Altima

Rys2k8Altima

Nov 30, 2009
    Yorkville, IL
    So you get what you pay for basically. I like MegaSports because its nice, good air quality, and its pretty bright. I DONT like paying 27 dollars to get in. I dont like payihng .55 cents for targets. Where is Rink's located at?

10. volsbear

Nov 8, 2007
    Illinois
    Archer Avenue (aka Route 171) in Lockport, a mile or so southwest of the I-355 interchange.

11. Rys2k8Altima

Rys2k8Altima

Nov 30, 2009
    Yorkville, IL
    Went to JR's today. Their target system is nice. Thats probally the only thing that I liked. 19.99 for 1hr is a bit expensive, and unlimited shooting w/ten dollar ammo purchase. I like Mega Sports more.

12. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm * * * * Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Feb 13, 1999
    Central Illinois
    I looked into starting an indoor range with rentals, etc., and trust me, it's RIDICULOUSLY expensive. Building, target system, EPA-approved lead-control HVAC system, INSURANCE, and payroll expenses (if you can't be at the place yourself all the time - and the big mega-places are totally like that), and it becomes quickly understandable why it's so stupidly expensive to go shoot at them... I decided not to do it, because down-state here, there's too many places to go out in the country, so volume times price wouldn't pay the bills...

13. volsbear

Nov 8, 2007
    Illinois
    $20 for ONE hour? Did they give you a tube of lubricant with every purchase? :wow: Cause you got RAILED.

14. volsbear

Nov 8, 2007
    Illinois
    I've been using Rink's as well, but I was disappointed last week. They got a new sales guy who is kind of a pindick. Talking to him, you'd expect him to work at MegaSports. Completely arrogant, and equally clueless.