close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any wing chun practicioners?

Discussion in 'The Martial Arts Forum' started by turbodude26, May 28, 2005.

1. turbodude26

turbodude26
    Expand Collapse

Anyone study centerline theory kung fu? Just wondering. I have been studying for qiute sometime now and have been getting into some groundwork and grappling defense as well to make me more well rounded.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. TED

TED
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

I tried it for a year and I like it very much. I am probably going to try to do it some more this summer if I have time.

TED

3. turbodude26

turbodude26
    Expand Collapse

yeah i have been training for about 2 years. I love it, its a very practical form. no high kicks, lots of grappeling defense. But i must admit it is the most passive yet brutal forms i have ever taken.

4. MARTIN FISHER

MARTIN FISHER
    Expand Collapse

turbodude,

I would advise you to get with a good TKD guy and spar a little, I am not saying you should learn high kicks, but you had better know how to defend against them.

I love going up against WT types who have never been exposed to high kicks, they get really upset when I kick them in the head. :)

5. turbodude26

turbodude26
    Expand Collapse

we spar against tkd partners, and i also i have experience in tkd, since i used to take it. i like to dabble in all types but have one base form.

6. MARTIN FISHER

MARTIN FISHER
    Expand Collapse

I like to use the chain punch/straight blast from WC to get through puching range to the clinch, the low line kicking is also good from WC, good training to ya!

7. turbodude26

turbodude26
    Expand Collapse

heck yeah :)