close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Any Volkswagen people??

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by JoJimi, Sep 8, 2007.

1. JoJimi

JoJimi Chuck U. Farley

Aug 15, 2006
    devil's whorehouse
    I just bought a 1971 Type 3 and I have no idea how to identify what year the engine is. I already know that its not stock but is there somewhere I can look to find the specific year of the engine?

2. 220-9er

220-9er

Sep 4, 2002
    North of Atl
    I seem to remember the case had numbers stamped in it where the case halves came together, can't remember which end though. I would think that would be your best bet.

3. Post the case numbers and I can tell you. You might want to check out www.thesamba.com for a great VW related message board with tech sections and the best VW classifieds on the net.

Any in depth mechanical questions etc...feel free to PM me. I used to resto VW's for a living. I can help keep you from some of the pitfalls.

Good luck. Just remember, they are very well built cars, but they are 30+ years old. Keep your expectations realistic, and you will enjoy the hobby. If planning daily driving there are a LOT of pieces that need examination and probable replacement before safety and reliability can be presumed. :thumbsup: