close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Any Stippling Fans?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by klarktx, Feb 26, 2013.

1. vandros

vandros 10mm fan

Jan 9, 2013
    southwest
    Thanks pal! That took me a ton of time to do - works great! Sorry, but I can't take orders - I don't want to inhale the fumes any more than I must... :(

2. Taphius

Taphius

Sep 26, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Decided I liked my gen 4 g30 enough to go ahead and get rid of the grip tape. Probably finish the magazine in a bit once the hand gets some rest.

Also used the heat method to shrink the hump a little.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013

3. vactor

vactor Glock Armorer

Jun 18, 2005
    Chicago
    Care to give me some tips vandros on how you did yours? I'd love to do the same to my 27 and yours looks perfect. Soldering iron? Tip size? Technique? Would you be willing to do mine?? Thanks!

4. vandros

vandros 10mm fan

Jan 9, 2013
    southwest
    I used the cheapest soldering iron I could find. Just takes lots of concentration and lots of breaks to let wrists and eyes rest. No special tricks/tips. I did draw contour lines with a sharp nail on the top - if that qualifies as a tip. Good luck!

5. glockpeter

glockpeter

Feb 23, 2008
    ITALY
    Leather stamp :whistling:

Attached Files:

6. I must be blind. I think vandros' gun looks like hell.

Just my opinion.

People are looking for tips on how to recreate that!?!? :dunno:

Good ****ing lord. :faint:

7. vandros

vandros 10mm fan

Jan 9, 2013
    southwest
    I frankly don't understand this either... :) But, as I said before, to me function comes first -- form distant second. And by this criterion, my stippling project was extremely successful.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  8. vactor

vactor Glock Armorer

Jun 18, 2005
    Chicago
    my hands tend to sweat quite a bit, and more traction / grip on a handgun is more important to me than anything with respect to its looks. the texture that vandros did, to my eyes, looks supremely functional as it seems to vastly increase the available surface are and pressure points that would let sweat get into the grooves, increase surface contact with hand and provide very small pressure areas that increase the friction between the gun and the hand. beautiful in my eyes.

9. I wouldn't get too proud of your inability to walk a bit in someone else's shoes, it'll make your mind more limited.

Cat

10. SGT45

SGT45 Silver Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Southcentral,PA
    Nice, I like the pattern. What type of tool/stamp did you use? Thanks

11. SGT45

SGT45 Silver Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Southcentral,PA
    Cool. How did you make/or where do you get a soldering iron bit like that? Thanks!!!

12. true believer

true believer Moderator

Apr 17, 2000
    drexel hill pa
    imo, nope, nota no...but that my op..
    I think it makes it look like crap but its your gun and good luck..
    :dunno:

13. Taphius

Taphius

Sep 26, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Just used a fine point tip wood burner at a 45* to not go in deep and a lot of time. Kind looks like lava rock in person. Tons of grip if you hit all the right areas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  14. fasteddie565

fasteddie565 Combat Diver

I have read of people practicing on Tupper ware or the old square Glock boxes.

15. tango44

tango44

Jun 16, 2005
    Miami Florida
    A well done job like CBC does, will add value in my opinion!
    Terrible jobs, for sure will lower the resale value!

16. Hey... Um ... "Cat"

Why not just keep running that think tank of yours :whistling:

What in the name of God does walking in someone else's shoes have to do with my posts about that stipple job looking like a sack of pig feces! :upeyes:

.. Wow.... Ok.... Thanks? For that tip :faint:

17. That just because something like stippiling doesn't fit into what you think is a good idea there could be someone else who finds it a great thing.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. But why pee on someone's parade when you don't have to? If you can't imagine why someone would do such a thing, why not just ask and maybe learn something you didn't know before?

Cat

18. jdmb03

jdmb03

May 21, 2003
    Ypsilanti
    Sometimes it's just best to keep your opinion to yourself.

A gun with a better grip is better than a gun that slips in your hand. I think people doing what's best for them is what it's all about. I don't really see the need for public insults. If you don't like it just say that it's not for you and leave it at that. Just my opinion.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  19. Sorry guys.. This is a public forum... when you post up things here you are ripe to get a bevy of responses from positive to negative.

We all have been there and done that... I have experienced myself by the way..

So if you only want posive supportive warm and fuzzy feedback, please show things to your family members and friends only.

If you want to post things up on the internet you must be prepared for all kinds of responses.

And for the record.. I dont have a problem with stippling per se... some of it looks great... Im one of those people who like my guns to look presentable..

Some pro work done looks great.. Others not so much.. again each to his own

20. Zeebra724

Zeebra724

Jun 19, 2012
    PA
    Love how mine turned out...took about 3-5 hours...oh wait, mine came that way! haha :tongueout:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]