close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Any Stippling Fans?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by klarktx, Feb 26, 2013.

1. klarktx

klarktx

Sep 29, 2010
    Picked up my 19 today. Had some stippling done. Very solid job.

Biggest con I hear from people is that it lowers the guns value. No interest in selling...

Has a great solid feel to it plus I feel the texture will diminish after some classes and range time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361858352.984295.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361858352.984295.jpg

Klark

Attached Files:

2. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    Positive grip beats the **** out of resale any day. Unless you value your wallet on a (huh huh) $500 gun more than your ass.

3. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    If it's a little too rough for you, and they often are, knock it down a little bit with some sandpaper.

4. Troy H

Troy H

May 17, 2012
    I love the way my G26 feels with the stippled grip. Super secure. Like you, it fits too well to ever consider selling it so I'm not worried about resale value.

IMO, there are other guns that can look pretty. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. March817

March817

May 12, 2011
    Undisclosed
    I think that's the first Gen4 that I've seen stippled. Nice!

6. Nice! It looks fantastic. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I took the finger grooves off my 19 and started stippling. I'm using a soldering iron with a flat triangular tip (I'm using the point) and it's starting to take shape. I hope to finish it this weekend.

7. jupiter

jupiter

Aug 9, 2002
    North Mississippi
    Not a fan. Its your pistol , not mine so have fun.
    I am a fan of grip tape however.

8. roadkill46

roadkill46

Aug 6, 2009
    i'm a stippling fanatic on just about all of my guns. I am a pyrographer in my spare time so i have 2 professional wood burners with all of the pens with different tips. i made one with a needle point that works perfect for frames. also if you want to undercut your trigger guard to make more room for your finger the dremel standard sanding drum is the exact size for it. here's some pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. moonwilson

moonwilson

Jan 22, 2013
    Atlanta
    The stipple job on the gun in the OP looks great. I'd like to try my hand at stippling my Gen3 19, but I'm afraid I'd mess up and hate it and myself forever. I wonder if there is some way to get some FRN/ Nylon/ Zytel that melts the same way as a Glock frame does to practice on. Trying something for the first time on a $500 gun frame is a bit daunting.

10. Congratulations! It looks

:puking:

Hey, its your gun to destroy as you see fit :rofl:

11. Looks good!

I ground off the finger humps on my Gen 3 G23 and stippled the frontstrap. I used a straight slot tip and made lots of x's and it came out looking like coarse grip tape or sandpaper.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  12. clarkz71

clarkz71

Aug 24, 2012
    South Florida
    If I had $10 for every gun I said I'd never sell I could buy
    a new Glock easy at todays price's.

And I am not a stippling fan either so............

13. tonyparson

tonyparson

Jan 20, 2008
    Dayton, TN.
    This ☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝

14. TexasPOff

TexasPOff "Dump The Hump"

Jun 13, 2006
    Texas
    I don't like stippling much either......:whistling: TXPO

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. KingWalleye

KingWalleye

Jan 6, 2011
    I did mine after practicing on a plastic briefcase/photographer's case handle.

I was able to get three different effects with the same fine point by varying how long and how much pressure varying applied.

Mine took about two hours total. Don't be in a hurry, you may go back to it a few times to get it the way you want.

16. klarktx

klarktx

Sep 29, 2010
    I practice stippling and different patterns on Pmags. Of course these have shot to the platinum price range, but not mine. Paid $11 each for mine, so that's what they are worth. Period.

I'm not totally a stippling nut, but this feels great. I went out and did drills on my range this morning. Fairly solid. Time will tell.

Klark

17. vandros

vandros 10mm fan

Jan 9, 2013
    southwest
    I think it may increase the resale value, if done well. Everyone knows glock stock handles are slippery - this forever solves this problem.

[​IMG]

18. TinnCan

TinnCan

Feb 21, 2013
    I only have the flat screwdriver tip for my soldering iron, but I like my results... Kind of replicated my sig grips which I love vs the glock blocks that are horribad. I don't care for the giant dot look myself so I look for random pattern designs.

Attached Files:

19. TinnCan

TinnCan

Feb 21, 2013
    How do you keep your borders so clean?

20. BMiracletx

BMiracletx

Aug 3, 2012
    Abilene, TX
    I never liked the look of stippling... but I am sure that it helps with the grip.