close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Any 'Stang Guys Here?

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by BigBadStang, Feb 22, 2007.

1. BigBadStang

BigBadStang

Feb 18, 2007
    This is my Torch Red 04 SVT Cobra.
    After doing the mods, it was tuned by Modular Depot to the tune of 687 RWHP. Driving this car is the most fun you can have with your clothes on! This spring I plan on putting a 150Hp shot of N2O on it!
    Can't wait!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. FoxMustang

FoxMustang We Deal in Lead

Dec 15, 2001
    :wavey: Cool pics, those Terminators are awesome machines.

Here's my little notch. '89 LX.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. BigBadStang

BigBadStang

Feb 18, 2007
    Thats a sweet notch! i like the Cobra R wheels on foxes. I love those fox notches. i always wanted to find a clean one and put a turbo'd 331 in it! i have had a few foxes, all hatches though. i still have an 84 GT that has been in storage for 8 years...need to roll up my sleeves and get 'er done. i plan on putting a nitrous'd 331 with a c4 auto in it. i plan on letting my son bracket race it when he comes of age, so i have a few years to get it ready for him...lol.
    by then that will give me 2 years to turn the wifes old 95 v-6'er into a bracket car for my daughter...the fun never ends, does it?

4. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    Nice Cobra. :thumbsup:

I wish I could afford a stang project car (and the project itself), but they are WAY out of my budget.

5. spoonhatchcrap

spoonhatchcrap

Dec 29, 2005
    nc
    bigbadstang how you like those nitto drag radials? beautiful car by the way..

6. Ron3

Ron3

Sep 6, 2001
    Florida
    They wouldn't stand a chance at his power level until 4th gear, and even then he probobly rolls into it.

And if it does hook (with slicks), he's got his clutch, rear diff, and axle shafts to worry about. Beefy parts are available to cure all that though, all it takes is $$$.

Sweet Cobra and great pics!!

Ron3

7. Ron3

Ron3

Sep 6, 2001
    Florida
    Kenne Bell or Whipple?

Stock bottom end still?

Ron3

8. BigBadStang

BigBadStang

Feb 18, 2007
    the Nitto's want no part of the torque that this car cranks out. they try, but it is very tricky to get them to hook at all. the bfg's drag radials i had before this hooked better, but didnt handle as well as these do. how did you you know? Kenne bell baby!
    thanks for compliments! and yes the short block is still stock.

9. Ron3

Ron3

Sep 6, 2001
    Florida
    'Cause thats the best and easiest way to make big power in those cars, the twin screw upgrade. A little nitrous to cool the intake charge is great too!

You must the level-five half-shafts and all that right?

Is whatever clutch your using actually streetable?

Ron3

10. BigBadStang

BigBadStang

Feb 18, 2007
    Yeah, DSS level 5 shafts(good to 900 RWHP), upgraded to "mega hard" control arm bushings to kill the wheel hop that helped break the last shaft (should have just bought the level 5's the first time!). DSS aluminum driveshaft. right now it has 4:30 gears in it, but i am thinking of dropping to a 3:73 to help the Nittos do their job a bit better.

the clutch is a RAM dual disc unit and aluminum flywheel that is really smooth. it has a 900ft.lb rating, but it is amazingly streetable. I had a Fidanza in it for about 2 weeks...i hated it, couldnt get used to it. granted the RAM was 2 times as much $$, it is worth every dime when sitting in traffic.

11. spoonhatchcrap

spoonhatchcrap

Dec 29, 2005
    nc

yeah ive heard the bfg's stick better at the track but done ride as well and dont get the mileage of the nitto's. so alot of guys give up some traction for driveablity. i work for discount tire co.

www.tires.com

believe me ive seen my share of nitto and bfg shod stangs and f bodies....and imports. ive got some bfg's in the attic for this upcoming season for my hatch as a matter of fact..

12. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    <----Former discount tire employee.

I worked there through the last two years of high school. I liked my managers and they treated me great (free Hooter's chicken wing night every month which was called a "meeting"). I quit because I was burnt out on it and some new supervisors were a-holes and my friends were being sent to other stores.

13. BigBadStang

BigBadStang

Feb 18, 2007
    i think you will be happy with the BFG's. they do hook harder. seems like they "squirm" a bit more in the corners though (thats why i went with the nittos).

14. Donut

Donut

Feb 6, 2007
    Southern California
    I don't have a Mustang, but I work for a Mustang magazine, and the NMRA. :wavey:

I'd say for maximum hook in a radial, the M/T ET Street Radials are the way to go, but their street life is weak. They hook so hard they were outlawed in our Drag Radial class...

15. BigBadStang

BigBadStang

Feb 18, 2007
    which Mag do you work for?
    i have heard the M/T's are a brutal hooking street tire, but they handle only slightly better than a regular slick. hell if you look at them, they look like slicks with a couple of rain grooves in them!

btw....NMRA rocks!
    i've been to a few of your events and absolutely loved it! cant wait to get back this summer!

16. Donut

Donut

Feb 6, 2007
    Southern California
    Cool! That's always great to hear! I work for Race Pages Magazine, which is the "Offical Magazine of the NMRA."

From everything I've heard about the M/Ts is that they really are just slicks with a couple grooves. Most of our Drag Radial guys didn't want them in the class, surprisingly, because they were too easy to hook on. But from what I've heard from Nitto, they are revamping their drag tire lineup and probably coming out with a new "competition" radial. The new Nitto slick should be out soon, too.

17. BigBadStang

BigBadStang

Feb 18, 2007
    :thumbsup:

get to see mustangs race without having to look at those pesky GM's and old Mopars and...lol!

18. camaro_dave

camaro_dave

Feb 25, 2007
    UTAH
    dang....i want an 04 cobra more then anything. just not enough $$$ here ha ha. that is a super sexy car dude!

19. BigBadStang

BigBadStang

Feb 18, 2007
    Thanks man!
    i liked your fox stang in the other thread. they look killer with a 4inch cowl on 'em!

this hurts to say this, but here goes...the pro street camaro aint bad either! :thumbsup:

20. camaro_dave

camaro_dave

Feb 25, 2007
    UTAH
    ha ha thanks dude. i was a hard core chevy guy, but you can't beat the stock weight of a fox so i'm focusing on making that the race car and the camaro like 11 sec cruiser.

btw its a 5.5" cowl ;)