close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Any recommendations on PC monitoring software?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by RottnJP, Jul 2, 2011.

1. RottnJP

RottnJP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    CT
    Small office. Single PC. Need stealth mode monitoring of activity and summary of activities and durations, including web sites. Unfortunately, we have an employee that appears to be potentially abusing our trust. If anyone has any knowledge of such apps I'd love personal recommendations.

Thanks! :wavey:

2. gemeinschaft

gemeinschaft AKA Fluffy316

Feb 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    You could run everyone through a proxy server like Squid for monitoring, but I am sure one of the other guys here will have an easier solution for you.

3. cs133atom

cs133atom

Feb 28, 2007
    The Old Dominion
    Yep http://www.spectorsoft.com/ Spector Pro is what I have used and it is very effective.

Good luck!

4. Angry Fist

Angry Fist The Original® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    Tagged.

Can't trust anyone. I used Refog, but it sucked.

5. filthy infidel

filthy infidel 100% Infidel

Apr 24, 2007
    North Carolina
    I've run desktopshark, it's a free keylogger. On some machines there might be a little lag between keystrokes (typical giveaway) but it works well. If your user/abuser is so obtuse that they don't realize how easy it is to monitor the machine they'll likely be clueless anyway.

6. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy

Jul 16, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    Baracudda Web device not only does it track anything but it also can block all the bad stuff.

7. Noles26

Noles26 Made in Texas

Jul 21, 2010
    Central Texas
    I use team viewer, it's free and it works. They don't even know I'm watching :)

8. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    If they don't know you're watching, or that Teamviewer is running, they're idiots. Teamviewer is really best for remote desktop help, not remote monitoring.

I'll be watching this w/ interest.

9. kc8ykd

kc8ykd

Oct 6, 2005
    michigan
    just a note, if you do install any keylogging / monitoring software, make sure to add an exception to your A/V software for it.

10. Noles26

Noles26 Made in Texas

Jul 21, 2010
    Central Texas
    When installing teamviewer on the pc you make the program to open when windows opens. And you "hide" it's popups.

11. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Even then... a user that is even a basic PC user, will know its running.

12. RottnJP

RottnJP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    CT
  13. Davegrave

Davegrave Dapper Dan

Sep 1, 2005
    NW IN
    Don't go free. Pay $50 for a decent program you can trust.
    I used Refog Keylogger and I can't recommend it highly enough. It may have saved me 10's of 1000's of dollars by spying on my lying, criminal, gypsy of a wife.

Fantastic program, you see everything. No one will know it's running. No one will accidentally find it. It's great. I've run spyware scanners and only a quarter of them find it on my computer. It's great.

If any of you want more specifics than I'm willing to post, PM me. But I can't speak highly enough of it and what it did for me.

14. MaryAnn68

MaryAnn68

Mar 19, 2012
    I have a small network of 9 computers and I am using Praetorian Guard (www.praetorianguard.net). It collects the information from all of my PCs and servers, including screenshots, applications and websites and stores them centrally for reporting. It is on a stealth mode and I can monitor what my employees are doing and the screenshot features allow me to see their desktop activity.