close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Any reasons not to get a Comp-Tec MTAC?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by RevToTheRedline, Oct 30, 2011.

1. RevToTheRedline

RevToTheRedline

Aug 24, 2011
    I'm in dire need to replace my Blackhawk IWB holster that I picked up from your run of the mill sporty/gun store.. The Nylon one with no adjustments what so ever.. I have been on the research train for a good month, narrowing down what I feel would be the best for me, on my experiments with cant angle and based on current preferred placement..

I like a little forward cant that the MTAC seems to offer, and always wear in the 3:30 to 4 O'Clock position (right handed)

Any one have reasons why it wouldn't be a good holster?

I have looked at the Crossbread SuperTuck and some others similar, also the High Noon Down Under with clip has been considered but I prefer the idea of parting from a single clip like I have now with a wider displacement double clip design.

So throw me some opinions it would be much appreciated as someone that wants to conceal my G26 the right way.

2. Lior

Lior GUNS=FREEDOM

Jul 23, 2004
    Israel
    As a heavy user of the MTAC, I can point out the following disadvantages:
    1. Easier to reholster by removing the holster from your waistband first due to nonrigid cowhide moiety of scabbard being compressed by humanhide mass while worn.
    2. $$$.

Bottom line: get one.

3. I love my for IWB concealed carry, particularly when wearing business casual dress (dress shirt and slacks). Go with the standard clips, not the C-clips; they are a pain to use on the belt, particularly if you want an easy on/off holster.

The only issue I have with mine is that the top of the leather on the inside piece that protects the skin will bend over the top of the holster making it difficult at time to reholster.

4. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    [​IMG]

Get one. I liked it so much, bought one for my brother. I haven't met anyone that is not impressed with the comfort and utility.

5. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

Feb 27, 2007
    Mine is comfortable and well made. However, Having leather on the back means that you cannot simply load you're gun and leave it loaded in the holster over extended periods of time without risking damage to it. I replaced mine with a regular infidel. This was for my P30.

I use the infidel for a similar sized gun (HK P2000SK), and can say that for something like your GLOCK 26, it will work fine.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  6. RevToTheRedline

RevToTheRedline

Aug 24, 2011
    My G26 is my carry pistol and nightstand so what won't be a problem about long term storage..

I do usually find myself putting a tiny bit of oil on a rag from time to time and rubbing the slide down just to keep it protected, that would probably help it from getting damaged from the leather?

7. vetmedglock30

vetmedglock30

Jan 14, 2011
    SEC
    I have one. However, i find myself using one of their full kydex models more frequently. The full kydex secures the weapon better. For comfort, there are none better.

8. adaman04

adaman04

Feb 1, 2004
    MO
  9. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    :dunno: Never been a problem with a glock. What kind of damage are you imagining?

10. Jason12345

Jason12345

Apr 8, 2007
    GR Michigan
    I love my mtac. It is extremely comfortable and I wear it all the time. Occasionally I switch between carrying a few different guns and you can order differed kydex shells so the same holster can be used for different guns.

11. MadMonkey

MadMonkey Spershul Furces

Aug 18, 2010
    TX
    I use one for my Five-Seven and love it.

12. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    It is my #1 holster and I've tried/looked at many many others.

13. cjklotz436

cjklotz436

Sep 23, 2011
    Titletown
    I have both a crossbreed super tuc and a comp-Tac (for different guns). As I have said before I feel that the Comp-Tac is superior and wish I would have found it before buying the supertuck.

14. jadickson

jadickson

Dec 4, 2009
    North Carolina
    Leather damages metal? I don't get it. What kind of damage could result?
    I'm not being glib, I really want to know because I keep my Glock 19 in an MTAC all the time.

15. tonyparson

tonyparson

Jan 20, 2008
    Dayton, TN.
    I'd like to know too? I always leave mine in my MTAC for months at a time. :dunno:

16. curlysir

curlysir

Aug 15, 2011
    NE Texas
    I have fixed blade knifes that have been in leather cases for extended periods form a light green scum on them. It will come off semi easy with a rag and does not seem to do permanent damage.. If the gun is removed and wiped periodically it should not be a problem.

17. IMO, the MTAC is the standard for the perfect IWB holster.

18. RevToTheRedline

RevToTheRedline

Aug 24, 2011
    While we are on the subject, how do you all feel about the CTAC version? which I guess I didn't realize it when making this thread, it appears to be an all Kydex body with similar attributes to the MTAC.

19. imjustron

imjustron

Nov 28, 2010
    I'm a big Comp-Tac fan. I carry my EDC in an MTAC for IWB, and a Gladiator for OWB. Once I got these two rigs, my hunt for the right holsters for me was over. Heck...I even wear their gun belt to support those rigs. (the Smarties are a nice little treat too)