Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Any problems reloading for Glock 22 .40S&W?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by rustypigeon, Aug 21, 2011.

1. rustypigeon

Oct 30, 2006
    I have an opportunity to buy a Gen 3 Glock 22 for a good price. I have never owned a 40 cal, but I have heard of many internet rumors of "case bulging" and other problems when reloading for the 40 in a Glock. There is talk of the "unsupported chamber". I also hear that later model Glocks have more support in the chamber area. Would a Gen 3 Glock have any issues?

If I do end up buying it, I would only shoot jacketed bullets through it just like I do my G19.

Anyone here have any issues relaoding for 40 caliber Glocks? Any truth to these internet ramblings?
  2. emorris

Jul 24, 2011
    I reload for both my gen3 22 and 27 as well as my new gen4 23. The 40s&w can safely be reloaded if the person reloading is safe. As far as the buldge it my cause a feeding problem if you are using brass fired in a loose chamber. Normally the resizing die will take care of it but if not lee and rcbs mave a die to take care of it. Just remember the 40s&w is more like a 9mm on steroids than an anemic 45acp. Stick with the slower powders such as unique, hp38, or accurate #5 at first. My reloads are light loads and the buldge does not reoccur after firing. If you want more detail look me up a My user name is eam3clm@att,net and I have gone in detail in a few posts about reloading 40s&w.

3. albyihat

Aug 3, 2007
    SW Montana
    No problems. Use safe reloading practices and you will be fine. Don't stress about the bulge resize correctly and use your barrel as a case gauge.
  4. ave8er

Sep 19, 2010
    I have loaded several thousand ok closer to 10 thousand rounds of .40 in the last year. The "bulge" is not an issue unless you are loading for a tighter chamber. I have a KKM barrel (the chamber is tighter than a stock Glock chamber by .006) in my G-35 and use a standard lee carbide sizing die and a redding taper crimp die. I have had this gun about 4 months and I have not had a single failure to feed in over 6000 rounds.
  5. freakshow10mm

freakshow10mm 10mm Advocate

Properly resize your brass to bring the case back to SAAMI specs.

Don't load stupid.

Wear your eye and ear protection as normal.

Go on with life.