close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Any other gunpowder??

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by sandman_sy, Mar 20, 2009.

1. sandman_sy

sandman_sy

Nov 15, 2006
    Philippines
    I was doing some research for my rifle reload.. and i found out .. a whole lot of rifle shooters don't use Vihtavuori(sa US ha.. don't know here).. is there another brand here available?? maybe Varget(very popular)???

Side note: yes i know medyo same story sa gastos.. but i can load up a 77gr Sierra Head and fully use the 1/7 barrel that i got :) para sa long shooting lang, we went long range shooting the other week.. and man.. when we got to 400++ yards.. we were missin.. although there was some strong winds at the time. sa 200++ yards.. headshot.. kaya. but pag.dating ng 400++.. wala na. 5 shots.. 1 lang or 2 ba yun..

2. bulm540

bulm540

Jun 18, 2004
    TN
    varget is a good powder for 223. Used to use a surplus powder repackage by accurate arms. Forgot the name of it. VV is too expensive over here.

3. mansky

mansky

May 15, 2008
    Isnt VV the powder used by Armscor in their factory loads? Reloading services?

4. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    For .223, I use H335.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009