close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any one else run an MRDS on a Glock?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Airborne Infantryman, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman
    Expand Collapse
    'Murica!
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

I was skeptical at first, but after a few years running, them, I'm a believer.

The learning curve is harsh.

Every movement, twitch, and pull is highly visible, due to the red dot jumping around in the window - if your trigger pull sucks, (and mine used to - a LOT), you'll see it.

My improvements have carried over to shooting iron sighted pistols as well.

Hitting a 100 yard torso is quite eye opening. 115gr works great, but no so much suppressed, as the sonic crack is still there. 147 suppressed is quiet, but the round drops quite noticeably.....at least in my experience.

I realize that for a lot of you, its not your thing - it wasn't mine either, until I tried it, hated it, then gave it a chance.

Now, I'm a believer.

Just curious as to how many others are running these setups, and what your results were.

Did your trigger pull improve? Did you notice you were faster on farther targets, but a tad slower on closer targets?

I've found that using the RMR's "window", instead of the dot, 10 yards an in, is much faster.....like a huge ghost ring.

[​IMG]image by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. bustedknee

bustedknee
    Expand Collapse
    Curmudgeon

Call Eotech, they might make you one without that pesky red dot.

3. PaseMkr

PaseMkr
    Expand Collapse

I love my twins. Obviously, they are fraternal, just like my 6yr old daughters. Also, the RMRs ROCK and I could not agree more regarding the point about my using an RMR and it improving my trigger pull and making me a much better shot, even with iron sights. IMO, RMRs really enforce my trigger control and follow through of the shot. There is no question that my RMRs have taught me to be a better shot with every firearm that I own.

Attached Files:

4. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman
    Expand Collapse
    'Murica!
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

Those are some nice pistols. Is the two-tone one a Zev?

5. PaseMkr

PaseMkr
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! They are both ZEV.

6. steve1911

steve1911
    Expand Collapse

Only have one at the moment, been running it for year now like you said a little skeptical at first on the G34 takes getting used to it, i'm glad i pulled the trigger on the setup. shot it today making hits at 50 yds on pepper popper is very easy , even 100 yds not to much problem.

Plan on doing another one next year, maybe HK.

[​IMG]

1911club#410

7. bikerdog

bikerdog
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

Sure do. I am on my 4th. It took some getting used to but it paid out in the long run. I have found myself more accurate now with irons aswel. I truly believe we will see mrds style sights on handguns become as common as they are on rifles a.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

#7 bikerdog, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  8. fnfalman

fnfalman
    Expand Collapse
    Chicks Dig It

I've learned that red dot is no substitute for sloppy techniques, especially the trigger pull part. Once I kept my trigger pull to the same level as with iron sight, accuracy and speed increased.