close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Any of you going to the shot show Jan 12?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by BlackPaladin, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Last year I met up with a few good GTers in the LE area. As the tickets are posted up for sale, I hope that many of you try to attend a show. They had a few good instructional seminars last year that were free to LE. There were also more than a few free handouts worth having if you have any purchasing clout with your agency. If any of you are thinking of attending, or are on the fence and maybe I can swing your vote, it would be a good time.

Worth mentioning is that this is a somewhat exclusive event. The doors are not open to anyone who want to get in. LE creds are sort of a VIP ticket once you are inside.

2. I am feeling kind of bad that I posted this and have no responses except my own :). Seriously, I figured that at least Cochese would jump at this.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011

3. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    I would like to go, but I'm barely thinking past this pay period right now, much less this year.

4. Is your dept. downsizing?

5. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    Nope, just awash in overtime. 42 hours last pay period, 23 this pay period, and looking like 50-55 next pay period. Probably at least 20 the two after that, then it will slow down.

6. Narc1911

Narc1911 Anchora Salutis

Jun 8, 2007
    Washington
    Hopefully I will be going. I am waiting on the department to approve the training request then I will know.

7. Just saw it in my email yesterday or the day before. Am considering. I still remember how tired my feet were after two days.

8. Yea, I know what you mean....I'd like to attend this and/or the ILEETA Conference in April. We've got cut backs in the training budget as well...but I keep trying regardless.....:whistling:

9. Narc1911

Narc1911 Anchora Salutis

Jun 8, 2007
    Washington
    Isn't the Shot Show Jan 17th-20th though? Not the 12th?

10. Correct, I was referring to Jan 2012 in the title :embarassed:

11. Sharkey

Sharkey

Nov 21, 2006
    DFW, TX
    We are talking of going again if I can find decent travel prices. Checked SWA already. We'd probably do a Sun-Thurs deal since they are the cheapest and the state doesn't pay me much.

Still waiting on the release of the KSG. :whistling:

If we go, we ought to try to plan hitting dinner and/or a show one of the nights.

12. Narc1911

Narc1911 Anchora Salutis

Jun 8, 2007
    Washington
    Duh. That's what I get when I post at 2am after an 18 hour day.

13. Aries4570

Aries4570

Jun 28, 2010
    I really want to go but probably not going to happen until 2013

14. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    I'll be there as a media broadcaster. Cant wait!!!!

15. rookie1

rookie1

Mar 3, 2009
    Iowa
    I was talking to my uncle yesterday about it. He has been there a few times and says its awesome. He knows some lady that was high up at Kimber and was mailed 4 guns before the show, transfered in his name by a FFL. After 4 years she has yet to ask for them back. I would like to go but will be going to Vegas in March for my friends end of probation and again in August 2012 for a bachelor party. Love to go but not sure I SHOULD pull it off.

16. rookie1

rookie1

Mar 3, 2009
    Iowa
    I also read the following things on the website:

"Admission to the show requires government issued photo identification plus documentation demonstrating trade affiliation. Show exhibitors and media subject to different credentialing requirements."

What is "Trade affiliation"? Does being a cop not count for admission?

"NO personal firearms or ammunition allowed. Only firearms on display by exhibitors whose firing pins have been removed (and have been inspected by SHOT Show Safety Advisors) will be permitted on the show floor."

Seriously?

17. Facejackets

Facejackets

Nov 29, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Call and ask if a pay stub or letterhead from your dept. will suffice. Also, concealed means concealed. Pocket carry or something!

18. rookie1

rookie1

Mar 3, 2009
    Iowa
    I went to the same place last year for a car show and wasn't sure if they patted you down for this type of event. I went to a packers game and they patted folks down to enforce their no guns policy. I can ignore a sign, and do.

19. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    Guys, please dont screw up our free admittance deal with shot show. If they say no firearms then respect the Shows rules. If it gets out all the cops going to the show are secertly bringing in off duty weapons they might take away our free entry perks. (since they probably wont have any other recourse but to set up metal detectors and pat downs. They would just hit us in the wallet 1st.)

When I worked for an oil company years ago, we used to get free gas. Word got out that employees were abusing that perk and re-selling the free gas to their neighbors. No more free gas thanks to a few.

Please dont screw up Shot Show for cops. (and for everyone in general)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011