close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Any of you fellas go through ROTC?

Discussion in 'US Army Forum' started by justinhcannon, Jan 12, 2008.

1. I am a disabled vet (50% for now) and I am trying to get back in if possible. I'm a freshman in College, and will start ROTC on Tuesday when school begins again. I know it's gonna take one hell of a waiver to get back it, but we've been working on it for awhile and will see how the next two years go before I really have to make a decision. I know about giving up my benefits and all that, I just want to know if anyone here got their commission in ROTC... and if so, if you have any pointers.
    FWIW, I've already been to "Camp Challenge"... I went about a year before I enlisted. Is the rest of it about the same as that?

2. deadday

deadday

Aug 14, 2007
    Texas
    Justin, can you keep me updated on your waiver process? What school are you going through ROTC at? Who is your recruiter/paper pusher? Do you mind shooting me a PM about your disability rating? The reason I ask is that I have been considering ROTC/G2G for some time, then got injured, so I'm wondering if it's still a possibility.

drew

3. Biscuitsjam

Biscuitsjam

Jan 10, 2004
    I'm taking some of the freshman/sophmore level classes now. I don't want a commission, but they're supposed to be easy "A" grades.

4. deadday

deadday

Aug 14, 2007
    Texas
    Don't forget they're (college courses) worth promotion points too..

drew