close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any non-LEO's ever had to draw their weapon?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by maximus1079, Nov 28, 2012.

1. maximus1079

maximus1079

^^this^^

2. maximus1079

maximus1079

:rofl:

3. maximus1079

maximus1079

I completely understand! My experience after 11 + years CCW definitely got the ol' blood flowing, and not in a good way ;)

4. maximus1079

maximus1079

My hats off to you good sir!! Give that ignorant s*it something to remember you by ;)

5. maximus1079

maximus1079

No offense but you seem to be a trouble magnet LOL At least you were prepared each time....kudos!!!

6. TK-421

TK-421

At least he has plenty of opportunities to use whatever skills he's picked up over the years. :tongueout:

7. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

Over the course of many, many years of CCW I have reached for my CCW on a few different occasions. Thankfully most occasions were false alarms. I have fully drawn three times if memory serves. Twice, my reaching changed the channel of would be attackers. They knew I wasn't going after a Snickers bar. I am familier with making a flawless presentation too. Three times I have drawn. The first time I realised I had my gun out was when I heard the distinct "click" of my 1911's safety being swept off. I was dead center on the area I wished to send a message to but thankfully no one was there. The sound of my storm door's latch being hit started the action. Alas it was the house settling that caused the sound, but muscle memory worked perfectly just the same. I fully expected to see someone leap into my hallway .5 seconds after the "bang" of the door. One other time I heard the sound of running feet, and I fully expected to be charged by a person or persons unknown. Thankfully, once again it was a false alarm, but my draw and aim was good.

Gray_Rider

8. Veedubklown

Veedubklown

:rofl:

I've never had to draw my gun, only twice was I ever in a situation where I was even thankful I have it. Those are more than enough to have it every day.

9. maximus1079

maximus1079

I totally agree! Preparedness is a sign of great wisdom *nod*

10. maximus1079

maximus1079

Awesome that you have great reflexes, but do you have any family in the house? You have to be SO careful about that. I had a similar situation about 3 months ago. Heard a loud bang downstairs in my apt and jumped up (Sig P220) in hand and ran downstairs adrenaline pumping. Without even realizing, I had reached over and felt to see if my wife was still in bed before I went down there like a house of fury....fortunately my daughter is 2 and still in a crib in the next room. Always know the whereabouts of any house guests/family members before you start waving ol' hot iron around ;)

11. maximus1079

maximus1079

My wife has a gun phobia (still don't know why) so I had to explain that just HAVING a gun can be deterrent enough to prevent most problems.....and that's without having to turn anyone into swiss cheese :rofl:

12. Beware Owner

Beware Owner NOT a victim.

Attempted robbery two years ago. He has new body art and is doing six to eight in prison.

13. maximus1079

maximus1079

OMG that's so funny you mentioned that. I knew a member of the Hell's Angels (not a close personal friend or anything) who got tattoos of bullet holes in the middle of his chest and exit wounds on his back.....weirdo. At least your robber has a memento of his encounter with you :supergrin:

14. Beware Owner

Beware Owner NOT a victim.

This joker plead not guilty, the D.A. had a field trip with this case. The same person who gave me my firearms training was the same one who had trained the detectives who investigated the incident.

15. Henry's Dad

Henry's Dad woof, woof

I'm calling BS on all these "self-defense" stories.

I read/listen to the MSM and am accurately informed that no crime has ever been prevented by private citizens brandishing firearms.

:couch:

16. relayman

relayman

One night I was sitting at a traffic signal and the passenger side door of my pickup opened . I snatched up my Model 19 that was on the seat next to me and pointed it into the face of a black guy that was standing there . He mumbled something about wanting a ride and I yelled at him to get back . He slammed the door and walked away . It scared the hell out of both of us .

17. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Bet ya lock your doors now :supergrin:

18. TK-421

TK-421

And that is why I lock my doors when driving around town, even in the good areas of town. :tongueout:

19. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

May I say;

maximus1079, you don't need to answer every response to your OP. I'm certainly not going to criticize you and have no interest in such. But it is OK to just listen.

Now let the flaming of my post begin.

20. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Newbs shouldn't offer advice, it's just... newbish.

:tongueout: