close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any non-LEO's ever had to draw their weapon?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by maximus1079, Nov 28, 2012.

1. maximus1079

maximus1079

Oct 3, 2012
    New England
    No worries big guy! Thanks for your service by the way :thumbsup:

2. maximus1079

maximus1079

Oct 3, 2012
    New England
    "Armed Security" does in fact give you more credibility in a court of law if you had to use deadly force.....at least in Mass anyways (as long as you were educated in such matters).

3. maximus1079

maximus1079

Oct 3, 2012
    New England
    Did you have "Private Property" signs up? Just curious....

4. maximus1079

maximus1079

Oct 3, 2012
    New England
    Especially with a 10mm bullet destroying him :rofl:
    Around here we just have the good ol' crackheads to contend with.

5. maximus1079

maximus1079

Oct 3, 2012
    New England
    It was before I got my associates degree in criminal justice and understood my rights to use deadly force...when/where/under what circumstances. Otherwise I would have stayed around to try and ID the same 400 hispanic guys that all look the same in a 10 block radius. You do the math....

6. maximus1079

maximus1079

Oct 3, 2012
    New England
    Never mind you answered my previous question ;) Damn city folk!!!

7. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    As long as they are looking for the males that did the beating instead of the male that pulled the gun, it sounds like a plan. I tend to worry a bit about these kinds of situations because rumor has it sometimes it can be difficult to sort out who is who.

8. Jgriggs

Jgriggs

Oct 20, 2012
    Washington State
    Many many moons ago we lived in Tulsa, OK there was a young girl, maybe 16 or so that lived with a couple of 20-something guys. Typical wannabe gangsta types, what was wrong in this girls life I can't say. Anyway, as was the case at that time and in that place the status symbol for all the young, up and coming gangstas was to have a pit-bull. So this girl always walked the dog on a leash but would ALWAYS cross the road towards anyone she saw and give the dog commands to attack. Now the dog, to it's credit never did, but she always told it to. So one day she sees me out with our dog in front of our appt. she crosses the lot towards me and starts yelling for her dog to attack. I went inside and grabbed the 20GA Remington 1100. by this time she is in my yard trying to encourage her dog, I guess the sound racking that auto-loader convinced her to go away. She NEVER approached me or my family again, and in fact would turn around and go the other way when she saw me.
    To be clear, my target was not the girl, she wasn't the threat, but if she dropped that leash or that dog had shown any real aggression I would have spent a few hours answering questions. Charges? maybe, maybe not but that pit would have been no less dead.
    She and her roomies didn't last much longer before they were evicted - for threatening tenants.

9. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Aug 31, 2004
    Houston, TX
    I run into the same when we're on the family land in Missouri. It's about 120 acres in a very rural area, the land is fenced (cattle wire), road is gated, etc. and STILL we would find deer blinds, "party spots" improvised shooting ranges and such out there all the time.

I've never actually caught anyone "in the act", but I've recovered several good deer stands, an automated deer feeder and even some parts of what looked like a whiskey still once!

Fortunately, things have gotten better out there since a neighbor up the road (an utterly insane but honest redneck), asked us if his three sons could hunt the property a few years back. We obliged and since then his "boys" have pretty much acted as enforcers and have kept the riff-raff and poachers at bay when we're not around.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  10. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Dec 27, 2011
    PNW
    Nice.

11. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Dec 16, 1999
    Minnesota
    Seems signs like those. (as well as "NO Hunting, trespassing/etc") look like targets to some folks.

12. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

May 16, 2005
    Where the buffalo roam
    Carry? Never. The ranch gun has been out many times for critters harrassing the horses but the nightstand gun only once. There was a huge explosion in the dining room in the middle of the night and lots of smoke & debris. I thought someone had tossed in a flash-bang and grabbed the gun and ran in to find that our propane forced air furnace had exploded, ripping the louvered door out of the frame and throwing it and chunks of furnace all over the place. Turns out the regulator just outside the foundation had froze up and there was so little line pressure that when the thermostat kicked it on, firebox filled with gas instead of the burner igniting. When the pilot finally got it, BOOM! The chimney cap was tossed into the back yard about sixty yards. HH

13. BossGodfrey

BossGodfrey

Apr 27, 2010
    As a Bail Bondsman, many times, shot four men over a period of five years. Two died and two lived. Hell of it is all four times I shot a man, it was over a lousy 500.00 bond that they had missed court over, Driving without a license or some BS like that. Off the job so to speak only once. Around 1998 I had a man break in around 0400, I open my bedroom door and he's maybe 20ft away in the kitchen. I shot three times and hit him once. He lived but I found out later it hit the spine and he was wheelchair bound for the rest of his life. 16 year old kid who was well over 6". Damn shame, lost everything from the neck down for nothing. I would like to say I used the mighty glock with a tac light for the job but truth is, I had just bought a 9mm sigma off a friend who was hard up for cash for 150.00 The all grey sigma model, two days before I had taken it to the lgs and the owner had rigged up a clamp that allowed me to mount a mini mag light on it. Yea I know, a sigma with a mini mag, it did look funky but back then I had to work with a tight budget. It did the job, allowed me to see he was criminal who had no right to be there. Guess I have a good reason for getting pissed at moron GT members who say there is no need for a light on a handgun. It gives away your position Blah blah. It did alright, for about two seconds before I made sure it was nobody I knew and then pulled the trigger. After those five incidents over a period of about twelve years I learned one thing, taking a human life is nothing to brag about and it does change a man on the inside for life !

14. maximus1079

maximus1079

Oct 3, 2012
    New England
    I've heard of similar situations, but usually it's the GUYS that are doing that crap. I'm surprised a girl was that desperate for their approval she would act like that.....guess nothing should surprise me anymore....

15. maximus1079

maximus1079

Oct 3, 2012
    New England
    Hahaha or in truth they are idiot magnets :upeyes:

16. maximus1079

maximus1079

Oct 3, 2012
    New England
    OMG at least you and your family are okay!! That's some scary stuff (especially in the middle of the night).

17. maximus1079

maximus1079

Oct 3, 2012
    New England
    To each his own. If you feel a rail light is necessary than do what YOU feel is best. I have heard that some TAC lights are so powerful that they can "incapacitate" the BG for a few precious seconds.

18. I had to draw my SA XD .40 while seated in my car. One night I was working late and was parked in a lot near the edge of a wooded lot. A guy walked up to my car from the woods and tried to open the door while I was sitting in the car. I pointed my pistol at the window and he took off.

19. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller

Nov 18, 2010
    SW Florida
    Your final statement about taking a life is something we all need to think about.

Many of us seem pretty cavalier about carrying a gun, shooting bad guys, ammo preferences based on the best wound causing (killing) ballistics. As the Boss and most others who have fired a fatal bullet say, you'll never, ever, be the same. Yea, its better than being dead from the bad guy's attack. Maybe we should just work harder at staying out of harm's way.

This subject needs to be part of our dialogue regarding gun ownership accountability and responsibility.

20. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    It's something that's so uniquely individual that one can never know how it will effect them until it happens. Some people will be haunted for life, some will go out for a nice dinner and have a sound night's sleep afterwards. Most people, I suspect, will fall somewhere in between.