close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any non-LEO's ever had to draw their weapon?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by maximus1079, Nov 28, 2012.

1. maximus1079

maximus1079

Oct 3, 2012
    New England
    People always take it lightly that when you carry or have a firearm for home protection that you have the ability to take another humans life. That's some MAJOR responsibility!!

2. maximus1079

maximus1079

Oct 3, 2012
    New England
    Thanks....figured it would be nice to see the reactions of non-LEO citizens when the time came to draw a weapon to protect them or their family. It's good to see that we are using our 2nd amendment rights put to good use :)

3. Indianashooter

Indianashooter

Aug 16, 2012
    Indiana
    Several times during my security career. Once when 3 people came at me with crowbars. My 92 FS persuaded them to turn around and go the other way; another time while breaking up a fight, a gentleman comes at me with a two by four. Again, my 92 FS came out and after a few choice words, the two by four was dropped.
    One other time heading home from work and two blocks away from my place. I was slowing down for a stop sign when a obviously drunk young man wandered over to my car asking for help(at 3:45 am). I pulled out my (the 92 had been retired) HK USP 40 and held it on the passenger seat. Long story short, someone stole his car at a party around the corner and he wanted me to call the police! After he moved back to the sidewalk (the HK might have helped him move), I stepped out of the car and waited with him until the police showed up.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  4. maximus1079

maximus1079

Oct 3, 2012
    New England
    And that makes you all the better for waiting with him. Good for you! I always wanted a 92FS!! SO jealous ;)

5. carguy2244

carguy2244

Jan 13, 2009
    How'd you get their names?

6. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    Probably the same way I identify Joe-Bob, Billy-Jack and Jeremiah when I see a trio of rednecks doing something stupid. It just fits.

7. Razorback01

Razorback01

Jun 28, 2012
    +1...

8. carguy2244

carguy2244

Jan 13, 2009
    This post reflects excellent judgement.

I carried for many years, and more than once, immaturity got the best of me.

However, the reality check of being grown with a family and responsibilities have altered my perception.

It's painlfully easy to avoid trouble if you possess and prioritize SITUATIONAL AWARENESS!
    Your gun is a tool - hopefully your brain is your weapon - use to see trouble BEFORE it happens and avoid it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  9. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Jan 12, 2007
    the narrow way
    I was in my vehicle waiting in a Popeye's drive through one afternoon and cleared leather. I thank G-d I did not have to clear the dashboard.

10. PaulMason

PaulMason

Feb 10, 2010
    What would you have done if the other guy* advanced on you? Shot him? Yes, you did have witnesses but you probably would also have large legal bills.

My point is - you were in your car - pepper spray is easy to keep in a car. You would have had options.

*I'm assuming the other guy was unarmed.

11. GasTurbine

GasTurbine Porschey Power!

Jan 6, 2005
    Central Ohio
    And how did this help the situation?

The way I see it, is that YOU endangered your family's lives.

She has a good reason to be glad...she wont be visiting you behind bars for the next 30 years.

12. GasTurbine

Jan 6, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Another 1911 to Glock convert! :supergrin:

13. GasTurbine

Jan 6, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Curious as to why you would use this adjective to describe this man?

14. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

Oh, I see what you did there. :supergrin:

15. I guess I can contribute in a less meaningful way. I was out in the woods near Squamish, BC (if anyone knows where that is), probably about 30 clicks outside of town limits, no phone reception. I brought two new shooters and my 30-06, a 10/22 and an 870.

I guess somebody flagged down a cop and told him we were shooting (maybe campers or something, we were being legal but whatever...) so he pulled us over as we left.
    He pulled us over by a bush where a young black bear was eating berries. I said, "oh be careful, there's a [black] bear" which he replied, "there was a grizzly watching you shoot"

I guess open carry prevented that!

16. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Probably because the guy standing there was black?:dunno:

17. GasTurbine

Jan 6, 2005
    Central Ohio
    The point is why describe what color the man is? He didnt say what color his eyes were...he didnt say what color his hair was...he didnt say what color shirt he was wearing...he didnt say what his build was...he didnt say what his height was...he didnt say what his weight was...Im just curious to why his only adjective was his skin color and why he chose to share that? What relevance could it serve?

18. maximus1079

maximus1079

Oct 3, 2012
    New England
    Hahaha that was about as close to being racist as I get. I just used generic Latino names for example :supergrin:

19. maximus1079

maximus1079

Oct 3, 2012
    New England
    OMG exactly! ;)

20. maximus1079

maximus1079

Oct 3, 2012
    New England
    Apparently bears are smarter than humans :)