close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any news on the G20L slides from LWD?

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by Mr. Big, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Mr. Big

Mr. Big
    Expand Collapse

2. Rigormootis

Rigormootis
    Expand Collapse
    Semper Gumby

As I understand it - they are long gone... But, since I missed this boat yet again, if anyone has one they no longer want, please send me an email.
    Thanks.
    moorecd@hotmail.com

3. ColoradoGlocker

ColoradoGlocker
    Expand Collapse
    Former Member

4. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1
    Expand Collapse

I certainly think there is a market for them. The question comes down to price and how many people want to pay it. If he could come up with a price people might be willing to pre order with a deposit if they felt it wasn't going to be like the Bren Ten.

5. Rigormootis

Rigormootis
    Expand Collapse
    Semper Gumby

OOps - Sorry guys/Steve. Thanks.

6. Moondo

Moondo
    Expand Collapse

I have been trying to get a G20 Longslide for the past year and a half through Lone Wolf. It appears that the cost of machining the parts (in the neighborhood of $15,000 to $20,000) is scaring the distributors and machinists from producing them. I was told by one manufacture, that they would consider production if an order of 50 was placed and prepaid. Maybe we could get a list together from this group and make a proposal.... Moondo

7. Los Suenos

Los Suenos
    Expand Collapse
    JSC

#1, I'm in.

8. Moondo

Moondo
    Expand Collapse

All Right, I guess I'm #2 then.... :thumbsup:

9. Vulcanese

Vulcanese
    Expand Collapse
    Furious Retard

1) How much per unit are we talking about here?

2) Will the longslide include buried Bo-Mars?

I might be #3 based on the answers to these two questions.

10. Rigormootis

Rigormootis
    Expand Collapse
    Semper Gumby

11. saspic

saspic
    Expand Collapse
    Howdy Y'all!
    CLM

I am definitely #4. I was told they would cost around $550 with sights included. I am okay with that, but I don't think they could really go much higher.
    That's about the cost of a new GLOCK 20 with frame, barrel, and everything.

12. Moondo

Moondo
    Expand Collapse

when I was talking to these companies I was trying to have one single slide made without sight cuts. I believe it will take a list of people that are committed to the project before a company would be willing to give us a price. Although, As stated in a previous post it can't be too much more than the $549.00 that was charged for the batch from Germany. This has to be cheap enough for the consumer as well as profitable for the company willing to take it on. Moondo

13. Masque

Masque
    Expand Collapse
    Re Member

That's silly. If there are enough of us, why wouldn't we order direct from the German manufacturer? The idea of a retailer doing that is that they assume the risk of a large purchase - if we have enough purchases, we don't need that kind of assistance. We save money, they don't have the hassle of having to risk/order/collect/ship/profit, and everybody wins. At least in some way.

If they want to gauge interest and order earlier than we could as a group, then that sounds great too. I'd pay a little more to have one earlier. But the "We have to wait for the retailer to have them made, and we have to have X orders for them to make them" seems a little silly unless they want 5 orders out of a minimum batch of ten, or similar.

In other words: GROUP BUY! :)

14. Moondo

Moondo
    Expand Collapse

That's exactly what I'm saying, In order for this to work we will need to take a list of committed people to the manufacturer and say here are at least 50 people that are willing to spend around $500.00 per slide. The manufacturer at that point realizes he has no risk and isn't fronting the $15,000.00 set up costs. *Side note* I believe the German company was contacted by LWD to make another batch of slides including the G20's that are advertised in their catalog and it fell through. Again, I believe if we want to ever see the possibility of seeing longslide 20's is with a group buy.

15. FlyinBrian

FlyinBrian
    Expand Collapse

Count me in!

16. mrgrinch

mrgrinch
    Expand Collapse

I'll cough up the cash too.

17. Mr. Big

Mr. Big
    Expand Collapse

I definately want one, but I'd prefer it with the factory sight cut.

18. DavidinSA

DavidinSA
    Expand Collapse

I will buy one.

Maybe we could have a sticky list of those that are serious about buying one.
    I would probably prefer the factory sight cuts in the slide but will order either way.
    If these were CNC machined, which they will be for cost, then it might be possible to obtain the programming by another machine shop to make them. Then setup costs would be fairly inexpensive.
    If we get a large enough list of buyers, we could then start looking into it more.

thoughts?

david

19. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Well, with the snow storm hitting us tomorrow, I'll try to call Glock, Inc. and talk to a guy I know there to see if there's a snowball's chance in he!! of Glock making them...

20. ColoradoGlocker

ColoradoGlocker
    Expand Collapse
    Former Member