Any multitools with a large self defense blade?

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by MinervaDoe, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Do you guys know of any multi-tools with a large, locking self defense blade?
    Optimal accessories would include pliers, heavy wire cutters, saw blade, and screwdrivers. Just looking for a little bit more of a survival knife than your average multi-tool.
    I've got a Leatherman Charge, and it has a nice pocket knife type blade with a good positive lockup. I was just wondering what else is out there.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Used multitools Wanted To Buy Dec 22, 2009
    Cold Steel large Espada Edged Weapons & Related Items Tuesday at 7:14 PM
    F/S Vintage NOS Hunter Large frame revolvers Holster Holsters & Related Items Jul 10, 2015
    Investing with private financial planner/advising firm or with large bank? The Okie Corral Jul 4, 2015
    Who is carrying the large-ish G17? Carry Issues Jun 14, 2015

3. Pretty much every multi tool I've seen are just "jacks of all trades, and masters of none.''
    I've never seen one with a blade that would be ideal for a survival knife. Thats assuming that you want a larger blade for chopping, battening, etc.

4. Pretty much. I have a Leatherman like the one shown here. I used to carry it on one of the trails that I hike on, when poison oak started to overgrow the single track sections late in the summer. Their choice of accompanying blades left a lot to be desired. And, the shearing blades developed a lot of play and became pretty much worthless. But, it's got a nice form factor for a bigger blade and a serious pair of pliers. ..... disappointing quality though.

[​IMG]

#3 MinervaDoe, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013