close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Any members of Miami Rifle and Pistol Club?

Discussion in 'Ohio Glockers' started by joedoc, Mar 25, 2007.

1. joedoc

joedoc

Oct 27, 2006
    cincinnati
    I went to the club for new member orientation. The rub is that I need a current member to sponsor me; I don't really know anyone there, as I have just recently returned to shooting sports after a long hiatus. I am sure I would make a lot of acquaintances there once I am a member, as I love to talk about/learn about guns. However I need that first member to help out a newbie.
    Any takers? Lunch on me BTW--my office is in the Kenwood area.
    Incidentally I plan on being at the GSSF Target world shoot this coming Saturday, maybe that might be a place to meet. Thanks.

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Jun 25, 2004
    Texas
    shoot a couple of matches and you'll get to know someone then apply for membership.

3. ...especially if you help with setup and teardown. :thumbsup:

4. CincyBrad

CincyBrad

Jan 2, 2004
    Ohio
    I have the same problem, I'd like to join but I don't know anyone there. :sad:

5. I don't know a lot about that club. I do know that you don't have to be a member to shoot the USPSA (IPSC) matches.

Heck, you could just go watch and learn.

There you will meet other members.

6. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Jun 25, 2004
    Texas
    i use to shoot their monday nite match when i was working in he area. everyone was friendly and easy to get along with, as much or more so than other ranges and matches i've been to.

7. CincyBrad

CincyBrad

Jan 2, 2004
    Ohio
    What if you don't shoot matches, are you SOL?

I can't go and mingle, I work about 50-60 hours a week. Guess I can't join. :sad:

8. joedoc

joedoc

Oct 27, 2006
    cincinnati
    A nice gentleman from the forum here offered to help me out--thanks Jim.
    Cincybrad--I will "pay forward" and do the same for you once I am in. Why don't you send me a PM in a couple of weeks--hopefully my process will be through by then.

9. Joe Tactical

Joe Tactical NRA Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    I have been a member for about two years and can tell you that it is a great club. They do everything right(IMHO)!

If you anyone goes to work a match or work day and needs a member to sign, let me know and I will help out. I am there at least on day most weekends.

10. joedoc

joedoc

Oct 27, 2006
    cincinnati
    Well, my application fell through. I thought I had provided every bit of info required, but I was missing the signature of the membership director. (Now, mind you, I spent 2 1/2 hours with the membership director when I was there for the new member orientation.)
    Anyway, the idea of repeating that ordeal, which only occurs on one sunday per month, which was suggested as what I would need to do, is not all that appealing. Not enough free Sundays.
    I guess someone is trying to tell me something.

11. Canucksvt

Canucksvt

Jul 16, 2001
    Cincinnati, OH
    JoeDoc, don't give up. I am a member at MR&P and I will sponsor you. Shoot me a PM if you are interested. I am in Deer Park and can be in Kenwood in 5 mins or less. :thumbsup:

12. Joe Tactical

Joe Tactical NRA Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Ya, don't give up. Go back and talk to the person that was in charge the day you worked or just plead your case to the membership director. It's might be a little bit of a hassle right now but worth it in the long run.

13. joedoc

joedoc

Oct 27, 2006
    cincinnati
    Thanks gentlemen--I will try as you suggest. I do already have a sponsor, but thanks for the offer. What I am lacking is HBs signature---somehow I spent all that time with him but failed to get that.